Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Shooter from LA (lower Alabama)

Mikej

Hello. First post here I am located in south Alabama and am getting going in pistol shooting. I really like revolvers and plan to shoot in that category. My competition experience is very limited (a few bowling pin matches and GSSF) but I hope to change that soon. I am also planning to start reloading so any helpful hints in that area would also be appreciated.

I have had some good advice from a couple of folks already. It sure seems that folks in this sport are happy to help new shooters. Good folks. Thanks ahead for any tips headed my way.

Mike

Mikej, Welcome to Benosverse. To get good tips on Revolvers go to the Revover section of the forums. Need info on what your shooting plans for Revovler are. USPSA, ICORE, IDPA, etc. We all have our own little quirks on what we believe is the better idea. Later rdd

Welcome aboard!! :cheers: You can use the search function to locate specific load data, etc. If you plan on shooting IPSC, East Alabama Gun Club in Phenix City has been putting on great matches and also hosting new shooter clinics. I can vouch the new shooter clinics are working well!!

Thanks for the replies. I will have to remember UCLA. I had not heard that one. Gregg from the Mobile Pistol Shooters has been very helpful in quest for information in the revolver world. He showed me his gear and got me in contact with some folks who have me headed in the right direction.

Daniel, I am located in Daphne, Al. across the bay from Mobile. Thanks for the information.

Jaxshooter, that is exactedly what I have done. I was given that same advice by Gregg from the Mobile club and I have found a 625 to buy. The fellow selling me the gun is sending it to Carmoney and he is going to do his magic before sending it to me.