Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 on the way bench help

ok i got the 650 on the way, my reloading is done in the basement. i built my benches awhile back. heres my question and problem:

i have 43" from the one bench top to the ceiling and 44" on the other to the ceiling. dillon says i need 44" without the strong mount. i did order the 650 only strong mount.

i want to be able to stand and reload. wondering if i should lower the bench 7"'s or should i cut the drywall out in the gun room to free up the 8" above it? im afraid if i lower the bench that it still may be to low to stand and reload.

can some one give me a real life measurement of a 650 with case feeder and the strong mount? also how much room above the case feeder do i need to dump in brass?

worst case i will have to lower it to chair height and use a desk chair 33" should work for that..

and heres a pic just for the heck of it. wanting it to go where the case trimmer is.

areloadingroom009.jpg

or

xmas07051.jpg

or could put it where the DSD or the Lee press is but that pipe is in the way i got 44" to the left of the pipe..

let me know. -chris

You are going to want enough room to be able to put your hand in their and knock stuff loose if you put too much brass in there. I don't have one any more but my gues is 6-8".

Phil

Atleast

Edited by betterment

Like many others here, I lowered my case feeder. I cut 6 inches off the mount, which would give you 9 inches of room. You'll apreciate the extra room when changing the feed plate.

Out of curiosity, with benches so high, why did you get the strong mount?

bench is 40" off the floor, some one PM'd me that there 650 and case feeder is 40 1/2" tall so id have 3"'s to get the brass in..... dont know -chris

You may want to search around this site. Somewhere is data on recommended height of the press. It seems that the rec is your arm about straight out when seating the primer so you may be better served by lowering the bench to a more standard 34" to 36" height.

• 2 weeks later...
well got it mounted. thanks to site member csemartin.

heres a pic

didnt cut the tube, just cut a square out in the drywall..... who cares its the gun room right??? it works, and im glad i got her. -chris

:roflol:

I'd lower the case feeder.

Edited by Gregory_k