Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New IDPA rules forum

Jane

Well, it's four years since the last IDPA rule book drafts were circulated.

I don't "know" that they're thinking about a new rule book imminently, but with the talk of 3-gun IDPA in the past year or so it's not unreasonable to postulate.

When USPSA last redid their rule book, their members could discuss and comment on proposed rules on a separate forum. Of course, IDPA is privately owned and thus can make its own decisions as it will. But in the past they've shown a willingness to listen to CONSTRUCTIVE suggestions.

Ted Murphy's idpaforum.com is a great place for general IDPA conversation.

But I've created a new forum specifically for discussing proposed IDPA rule changes.

(Actually, I built it a year and a half ago but just put it online this past week in response to a thread on Ted's forum.)

I don't know whether this rule chat forum will be of any value or not, but when you get really bored you might check it out.

I sent Robert Ray at IDPA headquarters a link to the forum, but don't know whether he'll wind up looking at it.

As was the case with the USPSA rule discussions, I intend this forum to be used by people who are actually members of IDPA. So I request that people who post sign their opinions with their real first names and IDPA numbers.

The forum is http://rulechat.beachbunnysoftware.com

Jane Fleming

A16849

What about people who arnt IDPA members but would be if the rule book was written a little better ?

because: IDPA is privately owned and thus can make its own decisions as it will. But in the past they've shown a willingness to listen to CONSTRUCTIVE suggestions.

so ..if you join then you can speak and voice your opinion...but other then that,why would you bother..use your willingess else where in the world for a better cause for humans and animals abound.. :ph34r::roflol:

I guess I would bother because I live in a USPSA black hole with several IDPA clubs in the area. Some of the things IDPA does aggravate me so I let my membership expire and stay away.One of which is it seems like the attitude you just presented of if you dont like it go away seems to pop up in IDPA circles quite frequently. I realize IDPA is a private organization they can make whatever rule they want and I can choose to play or not. Currently I choose to not. However if the rule book was rewritten that addressed some of these issues I may choose to play. I would like to get back involved with IDPA but wont under the current rules. So I feel I do have something constructive to add to the new rules forum.

I guess I would bother because I live in a USPSA black hole with several IDPA clubs in the area. Some of the things IDPA does aggravate me so I let my membership expire and stay away.One of which is it seems like the attitude you just presented of if you dont like it go away seems to pop up in IDPA circles quite frequently. I realize IDPA is a private organization they can make whatever rule they want and I can choose to play or not. Currently I choose to not. However if the rule book was rewritten that addressed some of these issues I may choose to play. I would like to get back involved with IDPA but wont under the current rules. So I feel I do have something constructive to add to the new rules forum.

Which rules do you have a problem with? Elaborate a little and maybe we could help out.

That I feel would lead down a road which is against BE forums rules. I simply wanted to know if the IDPA forum owner would welcome input from someone in my situation. That forum like BE is privately owned so I wont discuss issues with IDPA rules on this forum . Feel free to travel to the mentioned IDPA forum and read my comments and post your opinions there. That forum was specifically created to discuss proposed changes.