Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lone Wolf red dot sight, any experience?

Matt Griffin

I've got one. I would not recommend it for anything. At least the one I have. Not sure if I've got a lemon or not but I can't see the dot during the day. The dot is huge when you can see it. As in way too big for anything. The cut in the back of the slide won't work with a Fast Fire either. I got one in the hope of replacing it, but it won't work.

I've got one. I would not recommend it for anything. At least the one I have. Not sure if I've got a lemon or not but I can't see the dot during the day. The dot is huge when you can see it. As in way too big for anything. The cut in the back of the slide won't work with a Fast Fire either. I got one in the hope of replacing it, but it won't work.

Do you also have the mounting plates for them? They both need one for the Glock, it's a little dovetail with screw holes in it, and then you screw the plate onto that, then the sight onto the plate, from what I can see.

H.

I have one, its a toy.

The dot is pretty darn big, and oddly shaped. I get strange glare.

Its not bright enough in bright sunlight.

Its been relegated to plinking, and its ok for that.

I also have the Burris Fastfire, which is waaaaay better.

But I'm spoiled by my C-More, its all I want to use now.

I called LWD, and they say that the sight can't handle being slide mounted, but that it works on a frame mount. They'll have another sight available at a higher price point, a bit less than the fastfire.

H.

But the add shows it slide mounted. Sounds a little fishy to me. A company that says one thing and shows another falls pretty low on my list of people I'll do business with.

I called LWD, and they say that the sight can't handle being slide mounted, but that it works on a frame mount. They'll have another sight available at a higher price point, a bit less than the fastfire.

H.

But the add shows it slide mounted. Sounds a little fishy to me. A company that says one thing and shows another falls pretty low on my list of people I'll do business with.

The plan was originally to slide mount them. Turns out after use they don't work. For the company to invest in import, then be man enough to say it doesn't work, go with something different, is okay by me.