Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Advice on best Bomar Replacement

cheers623

Hey all,

I have an STI I recently picked up with STI/Bomar style night sights. I am going to replace them with black Bomar style rear and F.O. front like on my other Limited gun. My question is which replacement sight to get. I know Dawson, STI, SV, Caspian, Wilson, and Champion all make this style but which is the best made and versatile. Personal opinions welcome!!!! I like the idea of the Wilsons that BE sells here because of the replaceable rear blades alot but don't see much about them on this forum. I also like the looks of the SV sights but I can't find where SV sells them on their website. Anyway, I look forward to hearing form you all and thanks in advance!!!

cheers623

DVC

Wilson is the way I would go, but I haven't seen the new SV sight yet. The Wilson is head and shoulders better than the others, it is even better than the original Bo-Mar by a lot. If I would have known that I wouldn't have bought a bunch of Bo-Mar sights when they started getting hard to find just have on hand.....

I have the Caspian adjustable on my Ltd. gun. It has held up great, and has changable blades, too. I like it alot. I also have the STI on my Trojan .45. After a couple thousand rounds, the elevation pivot pin broke in half and started walking out. A call to STI had several replacements on their way for free, but was annoying.

Thanks guys!!! That is what I was hoping to hear. The Wilson looks like a great part and I have been using a lot of their stuff for many years, sears, pins, slide stops, thumb safeties, etc. Everything I have used thus far has been top quality so I was hoping to hear the same thing about this sight. Now I have and will get one from Brian's store!

Again, thanks for the feedback and Happy Holidays,

cheers623

DVC