Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

shooting clays

The range that hosts our 3-gun matches doesn't want the ground to become littered with clay fragments (i know they eventually degrade...) and nobody wants to spend the time to pick up all the fragments obviously so we've been stuck using steel only.

Does anyone have a way to capture clay fragments for easy cleanup / disposal?

thanks,

Stationary clays I take it? I shot at a club that used them in holders and they put tarps down under them. At the end of the match we just picked up the tarps and dumped the chunks into trash cans. Granted we shot them with hand guns so the chunks didn't fly far but maybe you can do something similar?

The tarps seem to work better for pistol. On my flippers (canteliver throwers) we have been using tin cans, over-ripe apples, charcoal and sodas. This is because our rage does not allow clays <_<. Sodas are fun, but use diet, it is a lot less sticky but still blows up spectacularly when you hit it with a mod choke and 1-1/8oz of 8s :devil:

For stationary, you could try cat food/Tuna cans set but on - they move real well when you hit them and a golden BB shows up well.

Can you tell that I come from a club that has learned to work on the cheap :devil: ?