Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Small Red Dots

tad

Does anyone have experience with the different small red dot sights?

ie: j-point, Docter, Burris Fastfire, etc............

Which scope has the brightest dot?

I currently have a j-point, the dot washes out on white targets in the bright sunlight. Makes it tuff to shoot steel when you cannot see the sight. However, some folks say I don't use them anyway!!

I'm not going to 'remind' you about the search function...

However, I was just doing quite a bit of research into these for an open gun project. The Docter is expensive and most have them 'doctered' for reliablilty. JP, you know about that one. The Trijicon is a worked over JP, but with a lifetime warranty. Some reviews claim fuzzy dot on both JP and Trijicon. The Burris is the new kid on the block and would sell twice as many if they would offer an 8moa dot. Reviewers found the dot clear and bright in all conditions, like the on/off switch, bullseye shooters like the small dot, speed shooters don't.

The Burris can be found for $165. In the end, I ended up going with an Aimpoint. All research led the way of the tube.

Pride-Fowler Industries has a lot of rifle and pistol scopes. It is John Pride and Mickey Fowler. Some of you may have heard of them.

They have high quality stuff. One of their scopes is a Special Ops Compact. It's like a Docter or Jpoint. You can check them out at

rapidreticle.com.

Have been using docter for a couple of years, Gen.IV. Love it! Quite expansive, yep, but worth it.

Dean Makkos is the importer - www.docterusa.com

What about cmore's STS? still not out? If you search for it, you'd be able to see images.

Cheers.

I have two J Points one on an Open AR handguard and one on a S&W 627 38 super. I had to use a mounting shim on the 627 to get it sighted in. They are available from Brownells if you go with a J Point and find you need one. They hold zero and have not been any problem on either gun.