Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LaRue SPR-E 139

Dang It Dan

After reading almost everything here about optics (I think my brain is bleeding) I ordered a Burris XTR-14. I then ordered a LaRue SPR-E mount which I THINK had a number behind it (139). Does anyone know how high this mount will hold the scope off the top of a DPMS flat top?

I was going to just order the 1" rings until someone some one said the LaRue mount would cook me breakfast on the weekends if I just forked over the additional bucks.

Thanks in Advance.

Dan

Derek,

Yeah, I got that part and made sure I specified when I ordered. When I said 1" rings, I meant one inch high not diameter. Sorry about that.

Do you happen to know how high the scope sits off the top of the rifle?

Thanks.

Thanks Rich,

BUT, being from the South, sometimes I don't speak Anglish too good. What would you guess the heighth would be from the top of the receiver to the bottom of the scope?

Just wanted to know if it's about an inch or so.

Thanks.

Thanks Rich,

BUT, being from the South, sometimes I don't speak Anglish too good. What would you guess the heighth would be from the top of the receiver to the bottom of the scope?

Just wanted to know if it's about an inch or so.

Thanks.

I just measured my SPR-E, with 30mm rings, the top of the receiver to the bottom of the scope is about 0.9".

Hope that helps,

Doug

Thank you very much Doug. I think that was the answer I was looking for.

Dan

It's a great mount, I put a brand new Meopta scope in a brand new SPR-E, mounted it on a Rock River 16" Carbine and it was off by less than 2" at 200 yards with no adjustment! :cheers:

Now thats a well made mount.

Doug