Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6" vs 5"

bbbean

Still not legal, right?

It's the 6in sight tracker barrel that hasn't shown the proper numbers yet to be limited legal, I believe?

Slides of 5 & 6 inches are legal...and whatever amount of milling on them is legal.

Correct, not legal YET is the key there. From my understanding it might not be long. I'm thinking this combo would be the best of both, extra sight radius and the weight of a light 5 in slide.

Advantage will still go to the 6in gun with a lightened slide and a BUSHING barrel. You will gain sight radius, but the wieght on the nose of the pistol will be about the same a a 6in with a lightened slide and a bull barrel, the best 6in guns evolved past that 3 or 4 years ago.-----------Larry

Advantage will still go to the 6in gun with a lightened slide and a BUSHING barrel. You will gain sight radius, but the wieght on the nose of the pistol will be about the same a a 6in with a lightened slide and a bull barrel, the best 6in guns evolved past that 3 or 4 years ago.-----------Larry

True, but most are still going to try that heavy thing and love it until they shoot one of the others. You can lead a horse to water and drown his ass, but you won't get him to drink until he wants to.....

You just don't know what is what until you shoot one of these things with a full weight slide, a lightly lightened slide, a moderately lightened slide, a heavily lightened slide, and an insanely light slide, then do it over again with a bull barrel/bushing barrel (which ever you didn't do yet) and weights in between. Then play with combinations of fixed weight and reciprocating weight with the two barrels. It is expensive, but there is no other way to do anything but guess.

HSMITH, maybe you can just tell us the best combination...save us a few bucks in the process :P

Meet up with Howard sometime. He'll let you shoot one of his pistols and bingo bango, you'll know what works best in your hands. I did, along with the help from Darryl (Squishy) and I knew what I wanted.