Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Light, Vision And Seeing

JimmyZip

Was shooting my rifle to clear my head after alot of pistol work this afternoon. As it was getting dark, I was noticing that as I started to fire a series of shots I began to pick up more light. It was as if I was taking off sunglasses or something. I would be loading a magazine and would then get into position. After the first round went down range, I could see that my pupils must be dialating or something because I could pick out the targets more easily and it seemed to almost brighten up. It was a wierd phenomena but kind of funny too as it was really noticeable.

Wondering if any of you had experienced this sort of thing.

JZ

Was shooting my rifle to clear my head after alot of pistol work this afternoon. As it was getting dark, I was noticing that as I started to fire a series of shots I began to pick up more light. It was as if I was taking off sunglasses or something. I would be loading a magazine and would then get into position. After the first round went down range, I could see that my pupils must be dialating or something because I could pick out the targets more easily and it seemed to almost brighten up. It was a wierd phenomena but kind of funny too as it was really noticeable.

Wondering if any of you had experienced this sort of thing.

JZ

Your eyes dilate more as you look over a longer distance....

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry to respond to an old thread but it's interesting.

Pupil dilation can be caused by 1. low light

2.triggered by stress from the "fight or flght" response

3. Orgasm or sexual stimulation. Watch your GF eyes next time.

4. working on a difficult task (ie calculating a ballistic) The tougher the problem, the more the dilation. When you give up or stop, your pupil reconstricts.

There is a whole science called Pupillometry for measuring peoples responses. It can help find depression and whether or not people are lying during an investigation. Try it out on a date. Pupils are big and so are your chances. ;)

Edited by Youngeyes