Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 California Multi Gun Championship

I live in NC and have family in San Diego. Is it legal for me to fly there with my AR? Can I bring hi cap mags? I can check for this info elsewhere, but I'm hoping a Californian while chime in. thanks.

Its a no go. I checked with the "grunts" (the guys in the know) and they said nope. To tell you the truth DOJ no longer will render an opinion. The best people to ask is the local DA's office the match will be held at. If they won't prosecute then what the hell?? Unless the the different DA's offices as you cross county lines has a different opinion. Its easier to borrow mags at a match. I can't think of anyone who would say no to a fellow 3 gunner.

Its a no go. I checked with the "grunts" (the guys in the know) and they said nope. To tell you the truth DOJ no longer will render an opinion. The best people to ask is the local DA's office the match will be held at. If they won't prosecute then what the hell?? Unless the the different DA's offices as you cross county lines has a different opinion. Its easier to borrow mags at a match. I can't think of anyone who would say no to a fellow 3 gunner.

This so called bullet button and prince 50 thing I asked about. They said not legal, and also said it is not illegal it is in the gray area wtf does that mean.

I live in Nevada but all the good 3 gun comps are in cali. He also told me what you were saying I could go to and from the mach but not stay with my rifle. So what is the real deal.

If I move there with a gun off the list will the bullet button or price 50 Keep me out of jail, I talked to a very big name in the three gun world in southern cali and he said just do not get pulled over, and at the comp the cop,s who compete do not care as long as you look safe now that sounds SCARY, how do you guy,s have three gun in cali ????.... thank you for any help :wacko:

Edited by onyx

Using a Bullet Button or Prince is legal so long as the lower is not on the ban list. Or you can use a Monster Man or U-15 grip and retain the normal detachable mag system. This is for scenarios where you move to CA.

For complete information on legalities go to Calguns.net

Rich

This so called bullet button and prince 50 thing I asked about. They said not legal, and also said it is not illegal it is in the gray area wtf does that mean.

I live in Nevada but all the good 3 gun comps are in cali. He also told me what you were saying I could go to and from the mach but not stay with my rifle. So what is the real deal.

If I move there with a gun off the list will the bullet button or price 50 Keep me out of jail, I talked to a very big name in the three gun world in southern cali and he said just do not get pulled over, and at the comp the cop,s who compete do not care as long as you look safe now that sounds SCARY, how do you guy,s have three gun in cali ????.... thank you for any help :wacko:

These pretty much sum up the legalities about Bullet Buttons, grips and what not. Click on the links for more info.

Legalities

I believe this one are being distributed to LE agencies.

Sacramento PD OLL Training Bulletin

This is what most calgun.net members have in their gun case.

OLL Flowchart

You might be able to find the video on youtube of Iggy (DOJ firearms expert at the time) being interviewed where he confirmed the bullet button is legal.

Just because Iggy cooked a round off into his desk at the office doesn't mean he's not an expert. Or so the story goes.

Edited by cksh8me

These pretty much sum up the legalities about Bullet Buttons, grips and what not. Click on the links for more info.

Legalities

I believe this one are being distributed to LE agencies.

Sacramento PD OLL Training Bulletin

This is what most calgun.net members have in their gun case.

OLL Flowchart

Well that is good stuff to here, thanks a lot for all the info, and I will down load everything just to be safe when I

head into crazy cali. thank you again

• 2 months later...

The host clubs have control over the stages they set and type of rounds that can be used. They have to option of using buck if they want. I would plan on bringing a little bit of everything to all the matches. Most of the time I do know what they have set up until I show the day before the match. If I get advanced notice of anything like round counts and such I will try and post it as so as I can. Hope that helps

• 2 weeks later...

The first match of the Championship is scheduled for this Sunday in San Diego at the San Diego Shooters range in Pala. http://sandiegoshooters.com/ for directions to the range.

Sign up starts at 8:00, shooters meeting at 8:45 and shooting will start promptly at 9:00. There will be 6 stages all multi gun stages. Approximate round count 110 pistol, 100 rifle 125 birdshot and 4 slugs. That is if you plan on taking two shoots on all the paper targets and do not plan on missing anything.

Do not forget that daylight savings is also this weekend so make sure you change your clocks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The fourth match is set for this Saturday June 20 at Fresno. There will be 2 pistol stages, 2 rifle stages 1 shotgun stage and 1shotgun/pistol stage. Long range rifle out to 300 yards with close range shot from 30 to 40 yards. Approximate round count 100 pistol, 70 shotgun birdshot along with 10 slugs and 80 rifle.

http://www.ca3gunchampionship.org/

• 1 month later...

The fifth match of the Championship is set for this Sunday July 26 at Bakersfield. There will be 1 pistol stage, 1 rifle stage, 2 shotgun stages and 2 multi gun stages. Approximate round count 60 pistol, 90 rifle, 100 shotgun birdshot along with 10 slugs and 5 buck.

Due to the heat sign ups at 7:30 and shooting at 8:00.

• 2 weeks later...