Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P9 Open Gun

Nemo

The idea has been thrown around and there may be one or more in the very preliminary stages of development. What should we look for regarding comps, optics, springs, loads, etc?

Burwell, Kenny, Cyrwus?

Let me know your thoughts.

Amigo,

I'd say the priorities are:

- Can you make major in that gun (i.e. with an aftermarket barrel maybe?)

- Then, mounting a dot to the thing. And yes...I don't mean mounting it to the slide.

- After that, everything else is easy (comp, magwell, mags, etc.)

Rich

Aswer to many of your questions here...

http://mp-pistol.com/boards/index.php?show...hl=burwell+open

It looks like the comp is actually the bigger issue. I run the Mag extensions (ISMI springs) and Magwell from speed shooters to run Limited class with no falures so you covered up to at least 23rnds+1.

Edited by NoSteel

I'm thinking if you go with a threaded barrel you may have some pretty neat options. Appears like a pretty cheap way to build a reliable Open package. Would like to see what the accuracy looks like. If there are any longevity issues, Dan will find them!!!! By the way, the mag extensions worked out great!!!

I'm thinking if you go with a threaded barrel you may have some pretty neat options. Appears like a pretty cheap way to build a reliable Open package. Would like to see what the accuracy looks like. If there are any longevity issues, Dan will find them!!!! By the way, the mag extensions worked out great!!!

The gun already has a threaded barrel installed. The gunny is lookin to experiment with comps but if Dan has already walked that path I'll get them in touch.

Glad the Taylors worked for you, Rod. It's a very well made part.

More to come...

Nemo,

I put some pics up in my open M&P thread here and on the M&P forum.

The comp was made from a blank that Enos forum member Extremeshot made for me. He cut the bore and threads and I was just left to cut the ports. I may have to have him make me another one as I thought up another design that I would like to try out (more for giggles than anything).

I didn't do any slide lightening, but I am running a bit high on the power factor 180+ and using the factory springs. You may need to take a little weight off if you want to run your pf under 170 or just go lighter on the springs. The comp can make a big difference on what springs you use, it seems the better it works the lighter the springs or the slide have to be.

I think Kenny may have worked some other comp out for David Olhasso, but Dave was planning on using it for steel matches. Last I talked to David he had his top end done but hadn't really tested it yet.

No steel,

as for accuracy, I may just be dumb lucky, but my gun is shooting one hole groups at 12yds that can be covered by a dime.

Dan, can anything be done with a sight mount for a C-more????? Then, after you answer that question, tell me how much to put one together for me? What about the 9L or the Pro. Anyone making aftermarket threaded barrels for them yet?????