Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

N320/ MG 180gr sanity check

Seth

SAH WEEETTT!!!!

IDPA/ Steel Challenge load is a WINNER!!!!

4.2gr N320/180gr MG at 1.185" chrono's at 136. I shot 28 rounds and the SD was 95%. It was VERY pleasant to shoot and the 9# spring was about perfect.

BTW... the curve on this is REALLY flat. 4.2gr chrono'd at a power factor of 136. 4.8 chrono'd at 157. 5.4 chrono'd at 179.

Edited by Seth

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seth,

I appreciate the info. I've been using 4.6gr to get below the 150PF required for the steel match. I didn't respring the gun so I didn't want to go to low fearing reliability issues. Are you shooting Sunday morning or afternoon?

Morning, assuming the weather isn't awful. I'm totally psyched with this load. I just wish I could find more 320.

I'm going to make up some E3s and see if its as good as I've read.

What about youself?

• 2 months later...

4.9 grains of N320 under a 180 gr. Zero JHP in my stock .40 Edge barrel gives me 166 pf at 80*. Loads over 5.0 grains should give major pf at most temp. Got to chrono to be sure of course. The MG 180 grain CMJ over 4.8 grains of Titegroup (saving my last can of N320 for the Nationals; powder and primers are freaking hard to get here in Hawaii), 1.175 OAL and Win. small rifle primers gives me sub 2" groups at 25 yards offhand.

• 2 weeks later...
4.9 grains of N320 under a 180 gr. Zero JHP in my stock .40 Edge barrel gives me 166 pf at 80*. Loads over 5.0 grains should give major pf at most temp. Got to chrono to be sure of course. The MG 180 grain CMJ over 4.8 grains of Titegroup (saving my last can of N320 for the Nationals; powder and primers are freaking hard to get here in Hawaii), 1.175 OAL and Win. small rifle primers gives me sub 2" groups at 25 yards offhand.

I shoot almost the same load of 4.9 N-320 Zero 180 JHP 1.170 OAL in a stock Eagle 5" bushing barrel .

At last check I am getting a 170 PF at 72* , so this helps me know the chrono is not to far off!

• 2 months later...

Just tried 5.2 grains of N320 with new brass, MG 180 JHP and Fed. small pistol primers out of my .40 Edge; 171pf in about 85-90 deg. temp. Nice feeling load; doesnt kick quite as hard as a comparable TG load and a lot cleaner. N320 is the sh*t :wub:. Wish it were cheaper though....

Edited by SIG shooter