Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Update on my STI Edge

DHart

I just wanted to share my enthusiasm for this incredible gun:

Edge.jpg

I had a breakage on the grip safety tang and STI called it back home immediately. The gun

was returned to me on the 11th day. While they had it they gave it the once over and did

some minor tuning they felt it could benefit from, including adjusting and polishing the extractor.

The gun came back in flawless condition and I just ran some mags of various ammo through

it and I'm totally THRILLED with it. I've been shooting some .40 in my Hi-Powers and Glock 23

while the Edge was gone and shooting the Edge again makes it super clear what a superior firearm

the Edge is... I may rarely, if ever, shoot my G23 and Hi-Power forties again.... the Edge

is that luxurious to shoot.

Many of you here already know what an awesome gun this is and I'm just "preachin' to the choir".

But for those who don't yet know... this gun actually makes .40 caliber defense loads feel "luxurious"/

All I've done to mine is remove the widemouth at the magwell, switch the ambi thumb safety out for

a single side thumb safety, and install a Dawson tritium front sight. I made these changes to

optimize the gun for carry and home defense. Not sure if I'll ever get into competition, though

next spring I may look into it. In the Portland, OR area. (Tri-County GC?)

Anyway.... the STI Edge definitely ROCKS!!! :)

I would like to get this gun as a home defense weapon. It is very well balanced and very reliable. I got one for competition and love it. It was FTE'ing on me but Sent it back into STI and it runs way better than i can. the customer service of STI is the best i have ever dealt with. They are amazing guys. Glad you are happy with it.

Yep, it was my first limited gun. I spent a lot more money on a new one, but it doesn't really shoot any better than the Edge.

Your sight tracker is kick ass (if that is what your referring to).

I believe these guns are a great start for limited shooters and if treated right, they will last a hella long time.

I love these STI guns... and that's just from an on-lookers point of view. I've never handled one but would really like one. I'd even consider selling off my Springer HiCap to get one of these.

Nice Blaster DHart!

That reminds me, STI never did send me a catalogue ... Or did the mailman keep it <_<

DHart,

You should definitely get involved at Tri-County. It's a nice range. I've only shot there twice (two Area matches), but it's a nice place with lots of great people. As they (we) say, You haven't shot until you've shot USPSA!

That's a great looking pistol you've got there.

splash

Jeff... if you get your hands on one, you won't let it go! Such an awesome gun. Now I want a Tactical 4.1 for carry!

The Springfield Hi-Cap is a great gun too. Mine is with John Harrison getting quite a make-over.... then finished off in IonBond black for a total black-out gun. Can't want to get it back!

Oh, two more changes I made to my Edge, I did replace the recoil master with a Criminoli frame saver guide rod and it's got a really nice soft feel to it. Flawless reliability too. And I installed an arched serrated MSH because I like the feel and angle provided with an arched MSH.

splash & coolduck.... sounds good... I think I'll look into it next spring. Sounds like it would be a TON of fun.