Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Spring and Follower Alternative

Nemo

Has anybody tried the Arredondo teflon followers for tanfo large frame? I'm very displeased with the Grams guts in my limited mags.

I had Teflon followers in three of my mags when I purchased my open gun second hand. Everyone worked!!!

:cheers:

Has anybody tried the Arredondo teflon followers for tanfo large frame? I'm very displeased with the Grams guts in my limited mags.

Can you expound on the problems you are having? If any.

The Grams are tired of staying inside the tube and are starting to show themselves more and more, thus getting pretty banged up by the slide. My son (the gun main user) is not the best on keeping up with the ammo count in his mags thus running to the last round frequently. When that happens the low portion of the breechface will get caught by the follower.

I've tried reshaping the springs as per Henning's instructions but with the mags empty the rear portion of the follower will always show more than I like it to, at least in two of my three mags.

Maybe Henning should let loose his team of R&D scientists to come up with a Tanfo follower to fit the Wolff or ISMI springs for S_I. Why S_I springs? Because it's cheaper than getting a new spring produced.

I'm gonna try the Arredondos and report back.

Nemo

When did you get those springs & followers? They are probably the first ones we used in 2007 which was STI/SVi followers that we bent the springs to the right side. Since then Beven has made the special follower for the Tanfoglio mags which are wider. They don't pop through. I can put brand new springs/follower in my mag bodies and go shoot. Grams doesn't sell the follower by itself. If you buy the latest spring/follower 11-coil kits you'll get a follower MADE FOR Tanfoglio mags. Everybody uses them and I haven't gotten any feedback of problems. I never have problems with them.

I'm in New Zealand right now and I just put together my mags for tomorrow. I converted my 21 round mags into 18 and 19 rounds to comply with IPSC box rules. The New Zealand box measured 150.9mm on one end and 150.1mm on the other measured with my caliper that I brought. I could fit the H-550 pad with the new iFiber sight into the box. This means I can start with 19 + 1 and also reload to 19 rounds in the match this weekend. 18 stages and about 350 rounds of fun waiting..

Nemo

When did you get those springs & followers? They are probably the first ones we used in 2007 which was STI/SVi followers that we bent the springs to the right side. Since then Beven has made the special follower for the Tanfoglio mags which are wider. They don't pop through. I can put brand new springs/follower in my mag bodies and go shoot. Grams doesn't sell the follower by itself. If you buy the latest spring/follower 11-coil kits you'll get a follower MADE FOR Tanfoglio mags. Everybody uses them and I haven't gotten any feedback of problems. I never have problems with them.

I'm in New Zealand right now and I just put together my mags for tomorrow. I converted my 21 round mags into 18 and 19 rounds to comply with IPSC box rules. The New Zealand box measured 150.9mm on one end and 150.1mm on the other measured with my caliper that I brought. I could fit the H-550 pad with the new iFiber sight into the box. This means I can start with 19 + 1 and also reload to 19 rounds in the match this weekend. 18 stages and about 350 rounds of fun waiting..

That's exactly the case Henning. The ones I have are the ones with the deformed spring. I'll order some of the new ones from you. Thanx for the explanation.