Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LaRue Tactical Multi-Gun

15-16 May 2010 will be the next one, that is tentative, MTF.

Adios

Greg

Can't Wait

It was nice meeting and talking with both you and Mark!!!!!!!!!!

Hooya!!!!!!!

And Mark even the "Arkansas" joke was funny........

Another Thank you to Benjamin.... For some reason he placed my ugly mug and video in the Tiger Valley Newsletter!!!!!! Thanks a bunch!!! Ya have one great facility there.

Edited by PHolsted

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm putting in my vacation request for May 15-16, 2010 tomorrow when I get to work.

suggestions:

1) written stage briefings

2) post stage numbers on the corresponding ranges

3) consistent scoring. (these were new rules, I imagine not all the RO's were totally familiar with them)

4) talk with some USPSA or 3-gun competitors, get some outside input. don't try to shoulder all the responsibility for making it work.

+1 this one goes on the 2010 calender

<_< I want to kick the door again

Little vid of the "Mini Gun"

Mini Gun

Oh Just a note do you happen to know the who the guy in the red windbreaker is? The one hogging up my shots? LOL Just kidding It the one and only Mark Fingar..........I hope I can get some of those pics he took!! And Mark sorry about the muzzle blast!!!!!

I had a great time! Thanks to everyone that made it happen. It was a pleasure to finally meet Greg and Mark. You guys and your staff did a bang up job and I am looking forward to next years match.

Mid May for the next one - sounds good. Weather should be better (better = warmer). If I'm in CONUS, I'll be there!

Anyone else having problems concentrating on anything BUT this match? I keep replaying the stages in my mind, critiquing(sp?) my performance and figuring out how to do better next time. Got some very good lessons learned and training points including support side carbine shooting, knowing slug zero, ensuring carbine-sling isn't crap, reading the wind and adjusting for those "out there" shots (yep - shot the long-range stages on SAT), shoot #4 buckshot on the star (high-base #6s did the job only marginally well - took two extra shots to clean it despite solid hits), and NOT OVERLOOKING A TARGET DURING STAGE WALKTHROUGH (those 15 extra seconds on Stage 5 really hurt).

Can't wait for next year!!

Several of you whiney babies have done a lot of complaining...if you think you can do a match better than this was...go for it!

This was my first 3-gun but hopefully not my last!

Although I think I may have actually finished only one complete stage...I started all of them. The frozen digits got me in stage one...that and being slow (won't admit to the old)..hahaha and the 3" slugs for the 12 ga kicked my booty in stage two...after that it was just for the fun and the learning experience! (ya, like it was for anything else before that)

I had a great squad! YEA SQUAD ONE AND OUR SQUAD LEADER STEPH!

I got to shoot a mini gun! Damn a second is fast!

I wouldn't know if the scoring was tough or not, but they scored all the same and that is what counts...the ladies did AN EXCELLENT job rounding all the scores into some semblance of order, thanks Linda and crew!

The lack of facilities wasn't a problem for the guys...lucky dogs, but I never thought about port-a-pots near the stages...it would have been way to muddy when they set up for that to happen...I managed just fine...but did harrass a few of the guys for their ease of relief...LOL It was definitely not meant to be taken as a complaint, I have gone thru much worse and I did not personally hear any other female complain, at least amoung the participants...

The RO's coached me too...THANK GOD! The patience they showed for those of us that were new to everything!!! was simply amazing!

The BBQ folks did a bang up job trying to keep all the hungry shooters fed and happy! Not an easy thing to do, I know from experience.

TJ, Mark and all the RO's and crews...THANKS for a great time! and all your hours or I should say MONTHS of hard work getting it together! :cheers:

?My only complaint is that there are so many complaints...I stand by my original remark! I you think you can do better....

GIT ER DONE!!!

Wounded warriors! HOOAH!!! It was a treat to meet you folks. And Dawn, thanks for the info on the Dr situation for my son's issues...I really appreciate all you guys are doing and have done for this country! Wish you had joined our squad!

Edited by pstlpknnana

One other thing I forgot to mention, the match shirt with the armadiller on a minigun is great. I hope that it comes back in some form or another on the shirt for next year. I wish I'd bought a half a dozen of them.

Mike

Hot damn, I'm famous now. :ph34r:

Me Too ..upside-down in the low window

he is a very good photographer , the photo with the shotgun and the Tex star plate falling off and the shot shell comeing out of the gun.

He got me on the rooftop. I know he got some of me with the mini gun I hope I can get copies of it when he post the rest of them on the match website!

P3276505.jpg

Edited by PHolsted

I'd like to add my thanks to everyone who made this match possible.

I've been a member of this board for a while, but rarely post. I shoot when I can and was given the opportunity to shoot the LaRue match. I'm, unfortunately, one of the Wounded Warriors. I didn't know we'd caused any heartache until late Saturday. It surprised the heck out of me, knowing the community and also knowing the fact that none of us so much as LAMR'd on a single stage on Saturday.

The squad we shot with on Sunday was a bunch of great guys. They helped us with everything, from poor ammo selection(underpowered ammo in my Benelli), to poor weapon selection (my Benelli and our female shooter), to not enough ammo (tends to happen when a shooter's been TDY for the previous week and mistakenly leaves his ammo bag at home as he's running out the door to get on the road to the match).

Like the guy already said, even if I shot everything exactly the same, sign me up for next year's match. Of course, that all depends on where the Army says I'll be by then :rolleyes:

I'd like to add my thanks to everyone who made this match possible.

I've been a member of this board for a while, but rarely post. I shoot when I can and was given the opportunity to shoot the LaRue match. I'm, unfortunately, one of the Wounded Warriors. I didn't know we'd caused any heartache until late Saturday.

There was no heartache at all!!!!!!!! There are just some people in this world that forget the world does not revolve around them and get caught up ans say things with out thinking. Yall were in the squad in front of us and at the time I did not know yall were the wounded warriors or I would had been shaking your hands and giving you many thanks for your service to our country!!!!! You as well as every other soldier are in my daily prayers and I wish the best you and hope to meet you on the range again some day!

Patrick!

Edited by PHolsted

The squad we shot with on Sunday was a bunch of great guys. They helped us with everything, from poor ammo selection(underpowered ammo in my Benelli), to poor weapon selection (my Benelli and our female shooter), to not enough ammo (tends to happen when a shooter's been TDY for the previous week and mistakenly leaves his ammo bag at home as he's running out the door to get on the road to the match).

You guys shot in our squad on Sunday and we had no problem with that at all. Thanks for your service.

I've been a member of this board for a while, but rarely post. I shoot when I can and was given the opportunity to shoot the LaRue match. I'm, unfortunately, one of the Wounded Warriors. I didn't know we'd caused any heartache until late Saturday. It surprised the heck out of me, knowing the community and also knowing the fact that none of us so much as LAMR'd on a single stage on Saturday. :rolleyes:

Next time come and join the squad I'm in, you're welcome to shoot my guns and use my ammo. (I bring plenty of extra ammo and have 2X of each guns!) I can guarantee you there will be no heartache, no bitchin, whinin', or negative carrying-on either there or here. ;)

Ken Hebert

I've been a member of this board for a while, but rarely post. I shoot when I can and was given the opportunity to shoot the LaRue match. I'm, unfortunately, one of the Wounded Warriors. I didn't know we'd caused any heartache until late Saturday. It surprised the heck out of me, knowing the community and also knowing the fact that none of us so much as LAMR'd on a single stage on Saturday. :rolleyes:

Next time come and join the squad I'm in, you're welcome to shoot my guns and use my ammo. (I bring plenty of extra ammo and have 2X of each guns!) I can guarantee you there will be no heartache, no bitchin, whinin', or negative carrying-on either there or here. ;)

Ken Hebert

Hey Ken,

If Dawn, Les, and George shoot with you I sure would appreciate an invite as well. I was lucky enough to get to meet Dawn at the Hope for Hero's set-up. She mentioned their problems on Saturday and I asked them to join us in Squad Seven on Sunday. Hell of a great group of folks. Never a complaint and not a single quiter in the bunch. I'm very proud to call them my friends and look forward to shooting with them again. We're very fortunate to have Soldiers of their caliber protecting out country.

mgfan58

I traveled all the way down to Waco from Alaska, and all I can say is man am I glad I did!!!!!!

I have already informed my wife that I am going back next year. I will be circling the two weeks around May 15- 16, 2010 on the leave schedule!

I truly appreciate all the work that the guys from LaRue put into this match, and all the others who helped, ROs, logistics, food, everything. I had an unbelievable time and cannot wait until next year.

I will be doing lots of training this summer and I plan on performing much better next year. I will have two things in mind while training,

1) Proper tactics

2) Better performance at the LaRue 3 gun match

I know there will be a much larger contingent from Alaska next year!!!!!!

Thanks again for all the hard work that went into pulling off the best match of the year!!!!!

BTW, Squad 1 had the best Squad Leader at the match, thanks Steph!!!!!!!

Todd

Edited by TxAggie93

• 2 months later...