Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LaRue Tactical Multi-Gun

Will run the usual rifle, shotgun & pistol. Only difference is I am going to kick kelly's ass with the shotgun & pistol to bring him back to being a mere mortal. O.K. lets stir the pot some more. I will also give everyone shooting a red dot a "chance" to win something in the rifles by leaveing mine on 1x for the long range.

Pretty bold talk for a one eyed fat man....

With half a shoulder and a bad wheel to boot. Hell, I might even kick (at) your ass.

:ph34r:

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 'ol "T" word, Tactical. I was waiting for someone to catch that. LaRue Tactical is the Match sponsor, Multi Gun is the competition.

Perhaps we should organize a naming committee for future competition.

Are the posted rules set? On the shotgun it calls for 22" max barrel length. My son is coming down with a 26" barrel, do I need to find another gun for him? or is there a little "stretch" in that rule.

<_< Don't ask don't tell see post #5 and post #7 I use a tape measure every day I can't tell 26" over 24" from ten feet away. But I didn't say that, and everyone know

I don't know nothing

!1 power on the scope :mellow: So that amount to all them guys in a Peeing contest get it all over every one. like they did it into the wind :sick:

Edited by AlamoShooter

Sorry, I didn't see those earlier posts.

Hopefully it will be close enough, otherwise I will send a hacksaw along and call it good.

Thanks to Benny, he is competing in the same class with me, with a 6" Fat Free no less, a hacked up shotgun ought to slow him down a little. :cheers:

I am working on updating the rules and will post in the next few days.

Remember the scene in the Cowboys where the Duke drew the line on the chalk board and told the young lad that you had to be this tall to go on the cattle drive...I am one that will move the chalk board.

26.50 inches is the new limit.

Edited by SGDM

Changes? Great, now I have an excuse to tweak my gear just a little more, eh?

It sounds like this match will either be a lot of fun or one that beats your eyes out, maybe both.

Either way its good that there is a month to recover before Blueridge.

Mike

Okay fellers, new rule...all rifle optics will be on 1 power!

You like apples, how you like them apples.

You had me worried for a second,,,, :ph34r::ph34r: I looked at the new rules, :surprise: just in case,,,, My M/RT only goes down so far,,, all is well :rolleyes:

Jim M ammo

We are going to have some soldiers from Wounded Warrior attend the match. I will set up a bay for them to do some blasting and have come up with a Chariot Class for the Chair-Borne.

The soldiers will be coming from Special Operations, Ft. Hood, and San Antonio so far. I may even try to run a few through some of the stages if they are capable.

I know they will enjoy coming out and visiting with a group of great Americans and do some shooting.

We are going to have some soldiers from Wounded Warrior attend the match. I will set up a bay for them to do some blasting and have come up with a Chariot Class for the Chair-Borne.

The soldiers will be coming from Special Operations, Ft. Hood, and San Antonio so far. I may even try to run a few through some of the stages if they are capable.

I know they will enjoy coming out and visiting with a group of great Americans and do some shooting.

I salute you, Sir! :cheers:

I volunteer to provide locomotive assistance around a stage for one of the big wheeled soldier carriers...!

I salute you, Sir! :cheers:

I volunteer to provide locomotive assistance around a stage for one of the big wheeled soldier carriers...!

One of the shooters in my home club is in a wheelchair, I've got some expierence moving "wheeled-gunners" around. I volunteer also.

9.1 Scoring per stage will be straight time with bonus’ for accuracy.

9.1.1 Any cardboard target, designated as a “shoot” target must have two (2) hits anywhere inside the scoring perforations on the target (i.e. minimum 2 “D” hits) to avoid a penalty.

9.1.2 Example of scoring and penalties on paper targets:

a. A/B – 0, C – minus 2, D – minus 4

b. Two hits in any combination A, B, C or D” = scored per target, 0, 2, 4

c. One C or D hit only = Penalty plus 5 second penalty (Failure to neutralize)

d. No hits on target but target was engaged = 10 second penalty

e. Target Not Engaged (TNE)= 10 second penalty for not making the minimum two

hits anywhere on the target plus 5 seconds, per target, for the TNE

PROCEDURAL for a total penalty of 15 seconds per target added to time.

9.1.3 Paper targets used in the match may be IPSC (old style), the new IPSC “Classic”, Mini IPSC, SOF, NRA TPC, or IDPA Targets

9.1.3.1 IPSC (old style) targets; upper A-B zone (head) shall be counted as one (1)

scoring zone.

9.1.4 Designated “No Shoot” targets that are hit will incur a 30 second penalty for each hit.

9.1.5 Knock down style targets (i.e. poppers) must fall to score. Poppers will be

calibrated to “minor” with a 9mm pistol shooting factory ammunition.

9.1.6 Frangible targets must break to score.

9.1.7 Swinging style rifle targets must be struck solid enough to cause the hidden “flash

card” to be visible to the R.O. R.O. may call hits. Knock down targets must fall.

9.1.8 Failure to engage a frangible, knock down or swinging style target will result in a

15-second penalty. (10 seconds for not making the hit and 5 seconds TNE.)

9.1.9 Engaging a frangible, knock-down or swinging style target but not breaking it,

knocking it down or causing the target to react will result in a 10 second penalty per

target.

9.1.10 On Deck shooter does not show when called by RO will incur a 30 second penalty.

9.1.11 FTDR – Failure to do right will incur a 60 second penalty.

9.1.12 Rifle targets missed less than 200 yards will incur a 20 second penalty.

9.1.13 Rifle targets missed greater than 200 yards will incur a 10 second penalty.

9.1.14 Procedural penalties, 5 seconds per shot, may be assessed for failing to follow the

stage directions as written in the stage description.

9.1.15 Procedural penalties, 5 seconds, may be assessed for failing to follow stage

procedures.

9.1.16 Stage Not Fired (SNF) penalty, 500 seconds per stage not fired.

9.1.17 Maximum penalty time for any stage (including target penalties) is 500 seconds.

9.2 Stage Points

9.2.1 Total points accumulated for all stages will determine the match placement by

class.

A/B – 0, C – minus 2, D – minus 4

This means that a A or B hit is worth 0 seconds to your time, but...a C hit adds 2 seconds and a D hit adds four seconds? So...if you had two D hits on paper, you would be a plus eight seconds?

Alex

This means that a A or B hit is worth 0 seconds to your time, but...a C hit adds 2 seconds and a D hit adds four seconds? So...if you had two D hits on paper, you would be a plus eight seconds?

Are we reading this wrong? If this scoring is correct, please provide a means to withdraw an application with a full refund, as this late rule change is not conducive with the concept of practical shooting.

THanks,

Alex

Are we reading this wrong? If this scoring is correct, please provide a means to withdraw an application with a full refund, as this late rule change is not conducive with the concept of practical shooting.

THanks,

Alex

Seems like the Carbine match was scored the same way & so was the Fort B. 3 gun

OR :unsure: am I Slow today? :unsure:

Do I need to bring you some fresh Coffey?

<_< It is more than the other match for penalty , but I remember hearing the reasoning . "D hits the bad guy goes down is hurt but still in the fight just more desperate so my use a grenade at close range even though he will get hit by the blast too. :mellow::unsure: NO I know = its ( I don't know Nothing but nothing) thats it :blush:

Edited by AlamoShooter