Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 21SF grip angle

lugnut

I first noticed it while shooting Dave Sevigny's G21SF. I bought one but wound up selling it. It is hard enough dealing with a 1911/Glock grip angle. I did not need a third to deal with.

Actually it seems very similar to the 1911 angle to me.. but it is different that the other Glocks which was really surprising to me.

I think that was the point. (< slight pun, intended)

I didn't think so. I thought it was for smaller hands to be able to grip the .45 Glocks better.

Yeah, but that doesn't make my bad pun funny at all. :)

I think it's a little of both. The grip on the 21sf seems to come in about the size of the G17's grip. To get there, they flattened down the back strap. (take that with a grain of salt...just going off memory here when I compared the two by sight a while back)

You know, if there's one thing I'd change on my 19, it would be to get rid of most of the bulge in the back strap. Of course, that would take money. ;)

I saw a do-it-yourself method...where the back-strap was heated up and then flattened a bit, a little like a pancake. (not sure if I can find that again or no...probably on GT).

The grip angle is the same as always. The hump at the bottom of the backstrap is smaller, that all. Similar issue with other Glocks. The full size, compact and sub-compact Glocks have a different grip feel due to the fact that Glock takes the grip length out of the top of the grip as the frame size goes down. The hump on the backstrap sits higher in the hand as the size goes down.