Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

In Ear Hearing Protectors

bbbean

• 1 month later...

Qualification: I sold hearing protection for Cabela's for four years and tried them all each day. Best: Walker game ears has units with four pickups and that gives you directional effects for hunting. Black or Camo $219.00. Try them at the store for your personal preferences. No repair problem, except for user error.

Tried/ purchased (2) Best Pro Ears Magnum and was disappointed at the fit and headband. Maybe just my face, but the electronics operated fine. I am still testing a hand made set and am looking at Sordin MSA units for Open shooting only. Hunting and shooting, the Walkers are the best selling and never had a dissatisfied turkey hunter. N batteries are expensive however. Both brands have compression technology,that is the best.

Hope this helps as your hearing loss doesn't come back...

James in KC

Qualification: I sold hearing protection for Cabela's for four years and tried them all each day. Best: Walker game ears has units with four pickups and that gives you directional effects for hunting. Black or Camo $219.00. Try them at the store for your personal preferences. No repair problem, except for user error.

Tried/ purchased (2) Best Pro Ears Magnum and was disappointed at the fit and headband. Maybe just my face, but the electronics operated fine. I am still testing a hand made set and am looking at Sordin MSA units for Open shooting only. Hunting and shooting, the Walkers are the best selling and never had a dissatisfied turkey hunter. N batteries are expensive however. Both brands have compression technology,that is the best.

Hope this helps as your hearing loss doesn't come back...

James in KC

Which model Game Ear did you use? Did you use them in both ears, or just in one ear with the other ear plugged?

IN EAR protectors! The Dillon Duane refers to and the Black or Cammo Game Ears James refers to are EAR MUFFS!

I use older Game ears that are behind the ear for hunting AND shooting games, they are 3-4 years old and still ticking, even thou I washed and dryed them once... wacko:

think I paid $150 each for them, I know they are higher now thou. : I did have some of those custom ear plug made specifically to accept the tubes so I didn't have to use the foamy ones that wear out after heavy use... I think the Decot guy did them for me at Superstition Mountain 3 gun earlier this year...

I see they now have true in-ear models as well... hmmmm...

I would reccomend ANY Walker game ear product! for the price they can't be beat.

jj

IN EAR protectors!

Ah, got it. Why the preference for in-ear electronics, anyway? In my experience, sticking anything inside my ear canal is just asking for an ear infection. But that's just me.

When I'm competing or practicing, my Peltor muffs are just fine. But they're a little much for hunting, when I may walk several miles, and don't want a hot ear muff and headband, but would still like some amplification and protection.

I have been using the surefires with muffs. Put them in and leave them in. They are kind of confortable. Surefires provide some protection when not shooting-- noise from other bays etc-- but you need something over them when the shooting is going on