Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best quality grip safety replacement is... Ed Brown, STI, or...?

DHart

The engagement tang on my STI grip safety broke off while shooting my new Edge last night. Looks like a cheap MIM part. I'm contemplating replacement.. is there a good reason to go with another STI part or would I be better off going with an Ed Brown or (what?) brand. After seeing this cheap piece of MIM breaking off, I'm hoping to find a better quality part than the STI. What are your recommendations?

Wilson won't fit STI cut.

Brown uses the same tang radius, the rest of the contour will be close, it is cast.

The S&A also uses the same radius, but is way off on the contour. Also cast.

SV does not show a beavertail in the online catalog. Most of the beavertails in the pictures on the websight are Brown.

I pulled the Ed Brown grip safety out of my EB Class A bobtail Commander and popped it in my Edge. Fits perfectly, looks great, and functions perfectly. I think I'll just order another EB grip safety and go with that.

While I'm at it... I'm not super comfy with the STI MIM ambi thumb safety (I just don't like ambi's anyway) and want to replace it with a single sided thumb safety of high quality... preferrably CAST.

Any suggestions as to whose thumb safety is cast and not MIM? I'd prefer a quality cast part over a quality MIM part any day.

Edited by DHart