Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Never shot NRA action pistol or Bianchi Cup but interested

vrmn1

I usually shoot USPSA, Steel Challenege, and ICORE.

Where can I get a Bianchi Cup rule book and more info.

Really interested in shooting revolver. I am looking to find the courses of fire, what "stuff" I need, what is legal what is not.

Thanks

Getting a new rule book is as easy as going to the NRA's web site, and either ordering one or looking at the rule book online. I've shot revolver at the Cup for 6+ years and I started with a Stock 6" model 66 then moved to a Stock 586 with a 8 3/8" barrel. I have moved into the metallic catagory with a 587 heavy barrel that's 8" long and a very smooth and very light trigger, revolvers work great for the cup stuff. As far as stuff, a good holster I started with a 012 and moved to a speed comp holster. You will need 8 speed loaders and the usual safety gear.

Greg in VA

I've shot Action pistol since 1993 with a revolver. Built a couple custom ones for Bianchi and PPC. If there are any specifics I can

help with, call or PM. We would be honored to have you join us. Best Regards.

You didn't ask about match locations, but there's one in Tallahassee pretty much every month. That's the closest to your location that I know of. They're starting matches in Charlotte, NC next year as well.

Alan~^~

You didn't ask about match locations, but there's one in Tallahassee pretty much every month. That's the closest to your location that I know of. They're starting matches in Charlotte, NC next year as well.

Alan~^~

Yeah thats was going to be something else I looked into soon where can I shoot it.

I know we don't have anything around here.

I know a guy local that shoots Bianchi Cup every year I plan on contacting him.

Thanks for the info guys.

Where in Charlotte?

Tom

Tom,

I see you are from Newton, NC. I used to shoot with a guy who is a terrific shooter in the Newton area. Mark Duncan. He used to shoot PMA or NMSS matches and he has shot Bianchi a number of times. In fact I think he placed 2nd one year and top 5 for several years back in the very early days, circa 1981 or so.

If Mark is around, he would be a good one to talk to.

Martin Johnson :cheers:

I spoke to Brian Zins (he came into VA Arms Co [my employer]) last week and he was talking about a Production division of Bianchi Cup. I'm very interested in that. Brian retired from the USMC and is now working for the NRA (Competition stuff).

Don't have the club name handy at the moment, but I have an email in to the guy who runs the matches and should have a response in the next couple of days. Their next match is on Nov. 22.

More later,

Alan~^~

The club is Charlotte Rifle and Pistol Club right out side of charlotte.

I have planned matches for 11-22,12-20,1-31,2-21 so far their will more matches planned as soon as I get the ok for the board. The matches should be NRA approved by the first of next year. Working on the paper work now.

http://www.cr-pc.org/default.asp is our web site. It shows how to get their and when the matches are and what the cost is to shoot. everyone is welcome to come shoot.

thanks

Jimmy Ashley

Edited by peacekeeper