Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ron Averys Video Series???

I'm curious who has this video set and want to know if it is a good purchase. Does it give good advice etc??? I have all 4 of Matts videos which are great and I learned a lot from it. If I could get 1/2 of what I did out of that series I would def. purchase it.

Thanks for the input in advance,

Pete

Buy it from Steve or from BE but I say yes, buy it. :)

If 5 different IPSC shooters watched the tapes, then Ron's explanations would fix 5 different problems with those shooters.

There's a lot of things that you can ass/u/me are happening as you watch video of a match, but Ron & Matt, with different personalities, each show you what is really going on inside the mind and the body of a top shooter.

I've met both guys & yes, Matt is easier to get along with. Doesn't mean you can't learn from both...

Don't assume. Listen. My $.02.

dvc - eric - a28026

Ron gets into the very nuts and bolts of shooting. He explains the philosophy of every movent and action. If you watch it and really listen to what he say's, you'll actually learn quite a bit, it might take 2 or 3 times watching it though. Ron is an excellent teacher and it is worth the money. If you think you know the basics, you'll quickly learn how much you really don't know.

I've met both guys & yes, Matt is easier to get along with.

My God. That's frightening. ;)

Actually, I really enjoyed the Avery videos. Yes, he spends a lot of time on the basics. Some might look at that as being a bad thing. Many practical pistol shooters want to skip past the learning to shoot accurately part and move straight to learning to shoot fast. This is a mistake. If you watch the Avery videos and pay attention, you will learn a lot.

Tell ya what I'll do...

I'll donate my Avery Vids to the community, with the following condition:

If you watch 'em once, and like 'em...you buy them from Brian.

I'll send 'em to pistol pete first if he agrees to send them down the line after a viewing or two.

Will this work?

SA

I'm definately up for that. So long as noone becomes a snag and doesn't continue the shipping process. Send them this way and I'll be sure to pass them along after I watch them.

Pete

if you're serious send me an email at black96cobra@msn.com and I'll send you my address.

I took Ron's class two years ago. And I have watched the videos several times. It was worth every penny for me. It takes time to develop a high level of skill. Ron will show you how. Then the amount of practice will be up to you. It will take a lot of practice and alot of patience. Two years later and I am still reaping the benefits.

I've shot, competed, and watched Ron teach on many occasions. He's a top-notch teacher with an incredible eye for details. If you like things "broken down," he's your man.

I agree with Duane - if you watch AND pay attention, you'll learn the trick to shooting quickly and accurately lies in executing the simple, subtle details, which must be mastered for success.

be