Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Skilled Glock shooters and stock triggers.

badchad

It is my opinion that ALL Glock triggers suck, it is just a matter of degree in the suckitude.

Correct.

I have a box of bad attempts at converting the suck. Huge waste of time.

Jim

I tried all the fancy stuff years ago. It cost too much in reliability that I moved back to stock. Now I am shooting Glocks again. All I have done is change the front sights and poor mans polishing job. I will be using them for a while to production and some IDPA. One gun was built out of parts and so far it runs great.

Mike

All I can say is my Vanek is just as reliable as stock and gives me a smoother, lighter pull that allows me to maintain a great sight pic while pulling the trigger. I do NOT have a light striker spring as I hate the reset feel with the lighter springs... that and I don't want to rely on Federal primers for all my ammo.

What does the feel of the stronger reset do for you all?

I find that with a reduced power striker spring (the very same spring that has a direct effect on the reset) I sometimes miss the reset. Some people are trigger slappers...I am a rider.

As mentioned by some of the others, I am in love with the factory reset of the trigger. I use either a factory Glock 3.5 or LW 3.5 connectors my guns. Some of the guns I've lightly and I mean lightly rubbed the connecting parts, but otherwise dry-fire really smooths out the guns and helps you learn the gun. The nicest trigger I ever had was on a bone stock G34 that had about 30,000 trigger pulls. I wish I still had that gun.. As long as you can master pulling the trigger straight to the rear, you won't have problems.

Yeah, I shot a Steel Challenge Match with my buddy's G34 with a <2# trigger. After one stage the RO said "if you are finished AD-ing, unload and show clear". :blink: From the draw, it seemed like every time I pointed in and took up slack, it would go "BANG"- usually before the sights were aligned. I guess that several hundred-thousand stock Glock ttrigger presses have imprinted it in muscle memory.

The nicest trigger I ever had was on a bone stock G34 that had about 30,000 trigger pulls. I wish I still had that gun.. As long as you can master pulling the trigger straight to the rear, you won't have problems.

I'm going to have a G34 in exactly that condition in a couple months. I'll let it go for $1200. That's a friends price if you count all the time I spent smoothing out the trigger for you :P

I've been playing with my trigger for a few months and I think I've settled on stock with the exception of a LWD connector and a 4lb striker spring. I like it. If I wasn't shooting production I think I would try a much more aggressive trigger job. I could get used to a less definitive reset if I never had to worry about slacking out the trigger.

I tried all the fancy stuff years ago. It cost too much in reliability that I moved back to stock. Now I am shooting Glocks again. All I have done is change the front sights and poor mans polishing job. I will be using them for a while to production and some IDPA. One gun was built out of parts and so far it runs great.

Mike

I shoot 100 rounds daily. To say that Glocks are only reliable in stock trim is exactly the same as saying a 1911 only works in JMB's original configuration. Some competitors turn a 1911 into a space gun looking outfit. Some of these have all sorts of glitches and reliability issues. I see custom 1911 failures all the time...I'm using Glockworx NEW fulcrum trigger and their skeletonized striker with light striker and heavy trigger springs. My Glock 35 has total reliability and 100% ignition, even with WW primers. The reset is not as crisp as a 1911 but I don't have any problems short stroking it with double taps. Maybe it helps that I shoot it so often. BTW, a lot of stuff that is advertised as 'drop in' for Glocks actually should be installed by someone who knows what they are doing...:P

Edited by stevehof