Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I have been having trouble with a new STI Trubor failing to eject the spent case and beating up the underside of the C-more mount. I sent the gun to the gunsmith/dealer once and he put a new extractor in the gun. The problem has resurfaced and the smith wants me to send the gun and the ammo I am using. I know they can't go together. Is it legal for me to ship reloaded ammo and through who? Thanks!

ship the ammo thru fedex or ups and label it as ORM-D (iirc). It can't be shipped loosely but in ammo boxes of the factory kind or the plastic ones. It has to be shipped from an actual ups or fedex location and not one of those office depot "authorized shipping" type of locations.

Edited by yoshidaex

I'm a UPS customer for business and will not use FedEx for anything but overnight... but that's not your question.

Anyhow, complete, assembled ammo must go GROUND and the outside of the box must be marked ORM-D. Ship it in ammo boxes or factory containers and that's it. Literally. Its a shockingly simple process. I can't speak for the UPS Stores shipping for you, but they take my prelabeled packages without question everytime.

I sent 400 rounds to Arizona about 6 weeks ago and spent a solid afternoon looking for all the gotchas and there just aren't any. Mark the box appropriately and send it regular ground. There's not even an upcharge.

Edited by Sethmark