Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

confederate rose

EEH

My wife had me plant two on the back fence a couple of years ago. They have lots of flowers and if you don't cut them back pretty severly each year they grow to be quite large. Ours are 12-15 feet tall. I'll try to post pictures later this afternoon.

fwiw

dj

My wife had me plant two on the back fence a couple of years ago. They have lots of flowers and if you don't cut them back pretty severly each year they grow to be quite large. Ours are 12-15 feet tall. I'll try to post pictures later this afternoon.

fwiw

dj

the one that floweris on is only about 7ft--the one by the house and has not a flower yet is at least 12ft lots of buds--I guess I just an old flower child never left the 60'S--

fwiw

dj

Well, it took me a while but here are the pictures of one of the two confederate rose bushes in the back yard. It seems to fill all the space between the crepe myrtle, eucalyptis and pine trees!

post-473-1224593443_thumb.jpg

This is a pair of blooms. Note there are several more buds behind them

post-473-1224593474_thumb.jpg

They really are pretty, aren't they.

post-473-1224593506_thumb.jpg

And this is just a B/W of one of the blooms. It seems to take on a whole different look

post-473-1224593519_thumb.jpg

dj