Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

conversion from v12 to limited

Rye

Hey guys and Mr. Henning, I was wondering since I heard that there's a lot of problem running a V12 9mm smoothly, is there a conversion kit that i can use to convert it to limited 9mm and won't have the problems in jamming. Or has Mr. Henning finally solve the problem by using a small frame magazine to run a big frame?

Hey guys and Mr. Henning, I was wondering since I heard that there's a lot of problem running a V12 9mm smoothly, is there a conversion kit that i can use to convert it to limited 9mm and won't have the problems in jamming. Or has Mr. Henning finally solve the problem by using a small frame magazine to run a big frame?

The problem in the large frame of the gold witness is the MAGAZINE!! even if you

convert it to limited, it will still not run..Get it at .38super and save the headache.

If you are lucky enough to find the small frame and magazine, then you will have no issue

on the 9x19. good luck!

If you are lucky enough to find the small frame and magazine, then you will have no issue

on the 9x19. good luck!

Give Henning a call. I just told him about a small frame limited 40S&W for sale last week. He can give you the details.

There are a couple of solutions:

1) Reaming out the chamber to 38 super. Lots of 38 super magazine options available with full capacity options.

2) Fitting a small frame magazine to the frame by filling in the frame to fit small frame mags only. Small frame mags are long proven and what the rest of the world buys when it comes to Tanfo 9mm guns

3) I have a customer who says he can rebuild current large frame mags to functional 22 round mags. I just mailed him a mag and a H141 pad today and waiting to check it out when I get it back. It's quite a bit of work, but may be a good solution. However, no 170mm mags.

4) The factory is reportedly working on a new magazine body for the large frame 9mm mags. If they end up solving the problem and are able to provide a functinoal mag all our troubles are gone. My guestimate is March - April for this solution.

;-)

If you have a large frame 9mm would it not be easier to get the chamber reamed out a little to make it take a 38 super case instead ? As far as I know only the chamber is different between 9mm/38 Super.

Is it even safe to ream it out? I don't know anybody who can do it for me here where I am. Does anybody know who can do it? I'll do what it takes to make this race gun works. I love it and it's my first.

There are a couple of solutions:

1) Reaming out the chamber to 38 super. Lots of 38 super magazine options available with full capacity options.

2) Fitting a small frame magazine to the frame by filling in the frame to fit small frame mags only. Small frame mags are long proven and what the rest of the world buys when it comes to Tanfo 9mm guns

3) I have a customer who says he can rebuild current large frame mags to functional 22 round mags. I just mailed him a mag and a H141 pad today and waiting to check it out when I get it back. It's quite a bit of work, but may be a good solution. However, no 170mm mags.

4) The factory is reportedly working on a new magazine body for the large frame 9mm mags. If they end up solving the problem and are able to provide a functinoal mag all our troubles are gone. My guestimate is March - April for this solution.

;-)

how promising is this new magazine? can u please let me know if it actually works and where can i get it. thanks.

If you have a large frame 9mm would it not be easier to get the chamber reamed out a little to make it take a 38 super case instead ? As far as I know only the chamber is different between 9mm/38 Super.

Is it even safe to ream it out? I don't know anybody who can do it for me here where I am. Does anybody know who can do it? I'll do what it takes to make this race gun works. I love it and it's my first.

Yes it's safe. Rich at Canyon Creek can do it for you... I know he was waiting on some reamers from Henning. Providing he has the reamers, it will be a simple job.

Magazines: Well that's another story.. Henning has a guy that will make them work fine, but when we spoke, it sounded like this was on the back burner because the factory has said it would work the issue. I don't get a warm fuzzy feeling about how long that would take and would like to get my hands on a working solution in the mean time.

http://www.canyoncreekcustom.com/

Edited by JThompson

Reaming is pretty standard stuff. Any competent gunsmith can do it. I don't know where you are based but you do have the option of mailing just the barrel to a gunsmith in another state. You don't need to send the whole gun, just the barrel.

Canyon Creek Custom do work on Tanfoglio, maybe you can give them a try.

Yes, there is a fellow in Florida that can make the large frame magazine work in 9mm but

I don't think that it is 100% reliable? Based from what I read, he tunes the lips and shims the mags.

I still see other shooters sell their EAA if it is in 9x19? Just makes you wonder..

Reaming is pretty standard stuff. Any competent gunsmith can do it. I don't know where you are based but you do have the option of mailing just the barrel to a gunsmith in another state. You don't need to send the whole gun, just the barrel.

Thanks guys, ill give canyon creek a call and see what happens.

Yes, there is a fellow in Florida that can make the large frame magazine work in 9mm but

I don't think that it is 100% reliable? Based from what I read, he tunes the lips and shims the mags.

I still see other shooters sell their EAA if it is in 9x19? Just makes you wonder..

I just got a Gold Eric, but have an STI and have another being built... I bought it knowing about the mag issue and am not in a big ass hurry to get it running. Henning was also working on a small frame mag to large frame gun fit and mag. This does work and it has a proven record, for the mags anyway. I think this is also on the back burner because the factory is working on a new large frame mag. I guess she can sit in the safe, or I can shoot it with 12 or so in the mags and work on mag changes. :) IDK I love the feel of the gun in my hand... the gun shoots flatter than my STI. :o

I don't have reamers that will work in Tanfoglio barrels because of the type of rifling. I hope to have them some day.

Rich

I guess i really have to wait till they have the new mags out. Guess won't be joining competition till next year. I really can't wait. Any other options?

I just got a Gold Eric, but have an STI and have another being built... I bought it knowing about the mag issue and am not in a big ass hurry to get it running. Henning was also working on a small frame mag to large frame gun fit and mag. This does work and it has a proven record, for the mags anyway. I think this is also on the back burner because the factory is working on a new large frame mag. I guess she can sit in the safe, or I can shoot it with 12 or so in the mags and work on mag changes. :) IDK I love the feel of the gun in my hand... the gun shoots flatter than my STI. :o

I have a small hand and this gun just feels right. 2011 grips are too big for me. And i had run about 50 rounds on it flawless i got some major ammo from danny at atlanta, you see i even use a hollow point with 174pf and it ran. I don't know if i should get the mags and holster from henning and complete my set-up or should i just wait.

You know....the Stock II (Production gun) in 9mm is a large frame machined for small frame mags. And they definitely work. If Tanfoglio can do that with the large frame for a Production gun, I don't see whey they couldn't do it for a large frame Open gun in 9mm. For that matter; a Stock II could probably be retro-fitted pretty easily to an Open format. Just drill and tap for a scope mount and buy a barrel/comp set and you're in business.

Limited in 9mm does it run or does it have the same problem with the v12's?

its the same gun in large frame just with comp added. so yes same problems.. 9mm large frames at the moment arent a good choice..

leo

its the same gun in large frame just with comp added. so yes same problems.. 9mm large frames at the moment arent a good choice..

leo

What would be a good caliber in limited?

aside from canyon creek do you know somebody else who reams barrel?