Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SDB Primer System Dumping Primers

Was cranking out ammo tonight, and all of a sudden my primer system starts missing primers. Then, after about a dozen more rounds it just dumps all the primers out into the bottom of the machine. I opened the Priming syster and cleaned it out, (powder and mostly primers) and upon inspection I noticed that the little arms that hold the primers right as they are leaving the tube seem to have that bent too many times plastic look. It would seem that either they or the little plunger that keeps them from falling out of the tube alltogether is not operating properly.

I reassembled the thing and after about 30 to 40 rounds the thing dumped them all again. HELP!!! What are these parts called? I don't have a manual or a schematic.

Your knowledge appreciated!

Jimmy

Was cranking out ammo tonight, and all of a sudden my primer system starts missing primers. Then, after about a dozen more rounds it just dumps all the primers out into the bottom of the machine. I opened the Priming syster and cleaned it out, (powder and mostly primers) and upon inspection I noticed that the little arms that hold the primers right as they are leaving the tube seem to have that bent too many times plastic look. It would seem that either they or the little plunger that keeps them from falling out of the tube alltogether is not operating properly.

I reassembled the thing and after about 30 to 40 rounds the thing dumped them all again. HELP!!! What are these parts called? I don't have a manual or a schematic.

Your knowledge appreciated!

Jimmy

It's the little piece of plastic that's bad.... It goes on the end of the primer tube.

Thanks, I just got off the phone w/ Dillon. I called them after I read your post, talked with their customer service guy, parts on the way. Thanks, the numbers helped! They also are sending out the plunger that is displaced by the primer cup, that holds back the primers and keeps them from falling. Seems that has a burr on it and as it was out of position and the primers dumped, the cup came back and damaged the little "jaws" that hold the primers in position from the tube to the cup.

Seems this is all my fault as I tightened the primer tube down too much moving the low primer warning thing out of the way, turning the tube down in the process.

Just like I always say, I found the problem, and it was me. <_<

Thanks again, Jimmy :)

Part # 14024 for small primers

Part # 14003 for large primers

Order at least 5ea these go bad all the time..........

And I get to read this after I bought a SDB after everyone said they are bullet proof. Mine is back at the agent(Now for tree weeks) after the same happened to me. Should never have sold the Lee.

And I get to read this after I bought a SDB after everyone said they are bullet proof. Mine is back at the agent(Now for tree weeks) after the same happened to me. Should never have sold the Lee.

I put many, many tens of thousands of rounds through an SDB and I think I replaced maybe one of those small pieces...the spare parts kit usually has a couple in it if I remember correctly.

I've had a Lee Pro1000 and it's not even remotely in the same ballpark as far as being able to crank out quality ammo without trouble. I'm sure once you get yours fixed you won't have major problems with it.

Hello: You need to sell me that press right away :roflol: The Square deal I had went over 5000 rounds before the red primer holder went bad. I bent it back into shape and it is still running for a friend of mine who has loaded at least another 1000 rounds. These are great little presses. I wish I still had mine to load 45 on. Hint, hint, wink, wink say no more :cheers: Thanks, Eric

I put many, many tens of thousands of rounds through an SDB and I think I replaced maybe one of those small pieces...the spare parts kit usually has a couple in it if I remember correctly.

I've had a Lee Pro1000 and it's not even remotely in the same ballpark as far as being able to crank out quality ammo without trouble. I'm sure once you get yours fixed you won't have major problems with it.

I've went through 2 in just over a year. If you crank down on the lock nut this is common.