Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Heroes

Micah

First edition spoilers; If you haven't watched the first 2 episodes then avert your eyes.

Interesting first edition; I'm suspecting a flash-back episode at some point to explain how everyone got to where they are now. Last time we saw Niki she was getting crushed in a collapsed building.

It looks the Petrelli clan is growing (or has grown). I suspect Mohinder is turning into a serpent/snake like thing. The biblical references abound so perhaps they are heading towards a big good vs evil thing with Mohinder holding the key to false miracles etc. via his serum.

I don't think we've seen the last of the reporter. The emphasis on the grating where his remains were sliding down reminds me of the conclusion to season 1 where we saw Sylar sliding underground only to resurface later. It's good to see the old Infinity showing up again... SVI should start marketing a Gold one, it could be a big hit.

A few good gags as well. The African native complaing about the lack of cell-phone service and the tortoise, too funny. and Hiro with his father's DVD... Press Play.... "I told you not to open it".

Much better opener than Season 2.

Edited by Pharaoh Bender
Spoiler block added for youor pleasure ;)

Spoiler:

Mohinder's transformation was a bit reminiscent of Jeff Goldblum in "The Fly." To be nice I will call it an homage since I am sure the writers/producers of "Heroes" copied the 1980's flick on purpose. It has been awhile but I think the first real superhuman feat that Goldblum's character performed was to break the arm of a tough guy in an arm wrestling contest. Mohinder seemed to break the arm of a tough guy robber. Goldblum swung around in the rafters and then nailed Gina Davis. Mohinder did the same thing and then nailed the weepy eyed death chick (I can't ever remember her name). Goldblum stood in front of the mirror and peeled little bits from his body. Mohinder did the same thing.

-ld

First, I'm not a Heroes watcher, my wife is.

But I saw the limited gun at the end of the show last night. What was that? Is looked like an SV with the gold Shuman barrel. It had a mag well and heavily stippled grip and some funky hood on teh slide that I've never seen before. I'd be interested to know what it was.

More spoiler fodder:

Obviously some powers are MUCH more useful than others and Claire is a perfect example of this. While she is for all practical purposes immortal she is not much use in a fight against baddies with offensive powers. The bit at the end when her mother came to live with Claire and her adoptive mother seems like a nice setup for a Justice League kind of organization. Maybe not as formal or as extensive but some sort of collaborative effort to provide for their own protection and to work as a team to fight the bad guys.

-ld

What did I miss ?

One the superpowers is to magically add a TiN coating to an SV IMM Open gun.

The Alchemist dream; transmutation of base metals to "noble" metals. I believe he was supposed to have turned it to gold. He would make more money if he could just hard chrome or TiN coat the gun though! That would be the busiest tent at every match! B)

-ld