Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Got a 625

No.343

Bubber and Waltermitty worked on setting the hook for me to shoot revolvers. They didn't have to work too hard at first, but now I am blasting them with stupid questions.

My wife and I just had our 25th wedding anniversary. I can see the connection between a 625 and 25 years even though nobody else can. I also told my wife that by shooting an additional weekend locally I would save $70 dollars per month on travel to the other match, so this revolver is really an investment of sorts. Nobody can follow that logic either. Anyway, the wife approved the purchase and stamped it as my anniversary present, which means I will die with it in my possession or else.

I shot it completely stock for my first match and it was a hoot. I had shot one revolver match with an old Taurus. I was surprised at the consistency of the trigger of this 625. I figured I would shoot a few hundred rounds through it before I did anything to it but everyone insists that it will not break and I should do everything I need to make it shoot better. They insist that I should not fear working on it and having to return it to the factory if it should break. I haven't seen such faith outside of a church building. Did I just join a cult?

Yes, you did. The 625 is such a great gun that I own three of them. My guns are all stock except that they all have bobbed hammer spurs and springs lightened just enough so that they still fire all commercial primers. I Loc-tite all the screws (loose screws will cause most of your misery) and NEVER have function problems. If the gun is running right to begin with, it really is that simple.

I would NOT return the gun to the factory unless there is some kind of catastrophic problem that needs to be addressed explicitly by the factory. There are plenty of good revolversmiths who are a better alternative.

Dave Sinko

Congrats on making 25yrs! :cheers: I understand your logic completely, heck I bought a "back-up" 610 so I wouldn't waste an entry fee if I happen to have gun problems. (this logic works for me, and the wife doesn't know about the second gun).

You can start working on your gun now, dont wait like I did. It will make it much more enjoyable to shoot when the work is done.

We all know the world is round so you just joined the oldest cult out there. :surprise:

pssssss........ ( don't drink the Kool-aid! Stick to beer from a sealed container, Cliff thinks its for communion everytime he opens a can.) :roflol:

Bubber and Waltermitty worked on setting the hook for me to shoot revolvers. They didn't have to work too hard at first, but now I am blasting them with stupid questions. ........... I haven't seen such faith outside of a church building. Did I just join a cult?

No343 I thought the robes and the silver chalice was a dead give away. Be the Wheel, Be the Wheel...Ah ooom. Mr. PI Piper.

Bubber and Waltermitty worked on setting the hook for me to shoot revolvers. They didn't have to work too hard at first, but now I am blasting them with stupid questions. ........... I haven't seen such faith outside of a church building. Did I just join a cult?

No343 I thought the robes and the silver chalice was a dead give away. Be the Wheel, Be the Wheel...Ah ooom. Mr. PI Piper.

I can't wait for the hazing ritual! :ph34r: