Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Post your 4756 load

jasmap

I have been using the 4756 for bout 1 1/2 year in 2 Bedell's (identical) no hole TIT comp Shorty (KKM) and 2 Dawson 2 barrel ports #2 comp shorty enhanced stroke II.

The one thing I know is that this powder is temperature sensitive, in the heat of the summer....during winter we shoot indoor, in a heated range and the load goes down as required. Of course I buy BIG lots because every lot are very different...I always start at 8gr to get a baseline of each lot then adjust as require....

I try to maintain about 169PF for USPSA and 166PF for IPSC of course I shoot mostly IPSC and I don't find much difference in between these two load for either set of gun's, also the zero doesn't change between the loads meaning between 9.3 to 8.9gr the zero on my Dawson's is the same at 25 meters.

USPSA

9.3gr with MG 115gr JHP (Dawson) summer

9.1gr with MG 115gr JHP (Bedell) summer

IPSC

9.1gr with MG 115 JHP (Dawson) Summer

8.9gr with MG 115 JHP (Bedell) Summer

Thanks Dansy. That's about where I want to start testing the 115 loads. My barrel may be slightly slower than your's so I can start a little low and I can always work up from there. What kind of results are you seeing in dot movement?

Thanks Dansy. That's about where I want to start testing the 115 loads. My barrel may be slightly slower than your's so I can start a little low and I can always work up from there. What kind of results are you seeing in dot movement?

It's staying well inside the c-more, there is a slight shake at the beginning but I don't notice it anymore....pretty much the same for all 4 gun's.

Eric G tried my gun when I tried his after my course with him.....he said it was too soft for him (one of my Dawson)...he shoot 124gr bullet with SP2, while I didn't shoot enough to rounds to comment intelligently about his tangfoglio V12 it did appear much more snappy then mine. The only reason I started shooting 115 is because my supplier had run out of 124 JHP and I needed some, so I order a bunch develop loads for them and fell in love in the way the gun was behaving...

I also find that my loads preference change as my ability to shoot better are developing....

Edited by dansy

Well I tried the 115's with 9.0 of 4756 and I also ran some over 3N38 (I forgot the charge) and I found that through my gun the dot dips too much. The dot also seemed to be a little more erratic. The 115 load was plenty accurate but so far I'm really liking a 124 MG over 8.5 of 4756. The dot just rises near the top of the CMore and then settles right back where it started.

Now I need to do some testing with 121's.

Edited by jasmap

• 1 month later...

Here's my load

8.8 of 4756 in the summer with:

starline supercomp

HAP 125

1.24 OAL

Winchester sall rifle.

Dawson Mini stroker.

Reliably get's 170-171 PF

Winter load (in Minnesota)

8.2-8.4

Same on everything else. Easily get's 170-175 pf.

I typically shoot for 1380 velocity from my Chrono (pact) because the gun feels better. Probably 1360 from a CED

• 1 year later...

I haven't tried IMR 7625 and 115g bullets but I hear that 7625 and n350 has the same burning rate.

I know 115 are less dot bounce? will try it and keep you guys posted.

Actually, 7625 has a very fast burn rate, kind of close to like AA#2...it just somehow magically works pretty nicely in open guns. N350 is very slow, falling right between 3N37 & 3N38, but produces a much higher caloric rate (more energy per grain) due to higher nitroglycerin content, so it uses much smaller charges. They feel almost identical in my gun, with 7625 being slightly software, and N350 being slightly flatter. Both are super-clean. I hope that this helps!