Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open ICORE guns and loads

Do ports/comps/breaks really work and make a difference on ICORE guns with 120000 pf loads?

I have never really messed with anything like that but I do know all of these things work by bleeding off pressure.

Well with 120000 pf loads we ain't making much.

Edjamakate me on this.

Edited by vrmn1

Do ports/comps/breaks really work and make a difference on ICORE guns with 120000 pf loads?

I have never really messed with anything like that but I do know all of these things work by bleeding off pressure.

Edjamakate me on this.

Oh boy :rolleyes:

wait for it ........ you'll get some reply's :sick:

Edjamakate me on this.

I will be in Missippi, Yea I know it ain't pelt rite, For the ICORE Cup, you are more than welcome to put a few down range out of my revo if the staff has no problems with it after the match... Also Pinshooter did an eperiment with just that idea to see if ports made a difference in muzzle flip on a Ransom Rest. In short it did not make a difference, But "felt" recoil may be different for each one.... later rdd

Edjamakate me on this.

I will be in Missippi, Yea I know it ain't pelt rite, For the ICORE Cup, you are more than welcome to put a few down range out of my revo if the staff has no problems with it after the match... Also Pinshooter did an eperiment with just that idea to see if ports made a difference in muzzle flip on a Ransom Rest. In short it did not make a difference, But "felt" recoil may be different for each one.... later rdd

Well I have a 627 V-Comp I have tried it with and without the little comp with my ICORE and steel loads and I truelly can't tell any difference.

I didn't know if some other type of porting or something made a difference.

Edjamakate me on this.

I had never felt or seen a difference until this winter when I ran some short colt loads thru my ported 627 (four on top, 2 on the side).

I felt a difference and the gun was discernably flatter to me using Bill Sahlberg's load. I'm planning on doing some work with slower powders this winter.

Mr. Sahlberg will probably be along shortly to opine that porting makes no, or little, difference. I believe he has done some testing a while back.

I will say there wasn't a great difference, but, I did feel the gas pushing up thru the ports. I wasn't looking for that. It just happened.

I'm sure it is an eye of the beholder type thing. How it transfers into your score, I wouldn't know.