Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tales from the local Fun store

-JQ-

I just thought I'd share a little bit of lore that I heard the other night when visiting a shop here in SW OH...yeah you know the one. I went to buy some misc items but just couldn't give THEM my money and just left.

FWIW these things COULD be true... :surprise: ..I'm no weapon historian...

"Yes maam. You need a revolver. Revolvers will be ready to go anytime - years from now. You leave it in a drawer and it will be ready forever. Those Glocks now...they have springs. And, as you know, springs go bad. A revolver is just right for you."

"Desert Eagle - that was designed to be a one-time use weapon. It was only meant to be used in an emergency and then discarded."

These quotes were within 10 minutes of each other. There were more but I can't remember all the BS as my BS filter was on High.

Desert Eagles are one-time use items for most people. They buy them, shoot them once, then find a way to sell them as soon as enough time has passed that they don't look like sissy boys! Its amazing how many 6 month old, 4-6 round count 44 and 50 caliber Desert Eagles show up as trade-ins.

P.S. Yes, I am being a mean, sarcastic grump today.

at the range I frequent,

a fellow with a 50 cal desert eagle let me try it.

I don't know If I hit the target.

I decided two things.

If I had one for home defense,

the noise from the blast would scare any intruder away.

and

I'd perfer a .45

oooof.

miranda

..."Desert Eagle - that was designed to be a one-time use weapon. It was only meant to be used in an emergency and then discarded."

This lady agrees with that quote:

:roflol:

OK, where is it you can shoot in what looks like a neighborhood park with a fountain no less!

30g of H110 over a 325 JHP. Just makes me smile when I pull the trigger. Also works well in my Freedom Arms revo. Does wonders on bowling pins too. :D

Scott :cheers:

Yes it does!It gives the pin setters a fair amount of exercise too.You going to make the match this weekend?-Mike