Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Questions

Joe D

Well we just won another M&P. We won one last year at the Alabama match and promptly traded it for a Glock. I am thinking about trading this one for the Pro model.

How light can you get the trigger? I am a little spoiled by my 1 1/4 lb Glock triggers. I could live with a 2 lb. M&P trigger.

Secondly can the slide stop be modified to where the slide goes forward when the mag is seated like a Glock?

I dunno about the trigger pull, Dan Burwell claims 2.25 lb with no spring reduction.

My Plastic M&P was self-closing on the reload about two times out of three with just a little use and wear. I am sure you can tune it to work like a Glock.

I guess the biggest drawback is that there is not the parts availability of a Glock. If you mess up a piece, can you get a new one to start over with?

Edited by Jim Watson

Well we just won another M&P. We won one last year at the Alabama match and promptly traded it for a Glock. I am thinking about trading this one for the Pro model.

How light can you get the trigger? I am a little spoiled by my 1 1/4 lb Glock triggers. I could live with a 2 lb. M&P trigger.

Secondly can the slide stop be modified to where the slide goes forward when the mag is seated like a Glock?

My trigger is about 2.2. It all depends on where the guage is set on the trigger. John Blauvelt does my triggers. As for the slide stop I'm not sure if I can asnwer that question I don't know if my pistol even has one of those???? (read that as yes the slide moves forward by seating the magazine with a swift slap)

I have 4 9mm M&Ps (2 Fullsize and 2 longslides) and every one of them drops the slide when you inset a mag with enough force.

You can get pretty light with the trigger, I've tried a few that were much lighter than mine, but they didn't feel as crisp. On the M&P I'd rather go with a crisp 3 or 4lb pull then a mushy 2lb pull but thats personal preference. Could be a good smith can get you a crisp sub 2lb pull.

Edited by Filishooter

Kenny Dickerson at Speed Shooter Specialties can get you the trigger job you want. Check his website, he's a forum dealer, where he lists the type of trigger jobs he can obtain from the M&P. I have an M&P done by his gunny with a 1.5lb trigger. SWEET!!

Good luck!

Kenny Dickerson at Speed Shooter Specialties can get you the trigger job you want. Check his website, he's a forum dealer, where he lists the type of trigger jobs he can obtain from the M&P. I have an M&P done by his gunny with a 1.5lb trigger. SWEET!!

Good luck!

Can you say Pedro at SSS is the man? I can ;) Great work, fair price, and nice to talk to. Nemo is spot on with that recommendation.

Maybe it is just me but the grips did not feel right. I tried the medium and the large. Everytime I would draw the sights would be pointed either left or right. Guess I have been around Glocks too long. I am looking at a slightly used Pro tonight.