Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun -- April 24-26, Park City, KY

Hi Cheryl,

That "black stuff" are the tar pits, cave openings, and tick infestations located strategically around the stages to keep things interesting.

Actually, that stuff usually denotes trees and bushes.

ALSO: The round counts for the match (see post #117) are now posted on the BRM3G website at the UPDATES/RESULTS page.

See you all soon,

Andy

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Cheryl,

That "black stuff" are the tar pits, cave openings, and tick infestations located strategically around the stages to keep things interesting.

ALSO: The round counts for the match (see post #117) are now posted on the BRM3G website at the UPDATES/RESULTS page.

See you all soon,

Andy

:surprise:

"and tick infestations!" Will Brad Paisley bet there :surprise: Can't wait to see everyone :cheers:

Hi Cheryl,

See you all soon,

Andy

"and tick infestations!" Will Brad Paisley bet there :surprise: Can't wait to see everyone :cheers:

Hey Ms. Kitty - Michael & I are planning on being there. Glad to see there are other girly girls there.

Here is the rough schedule of events for the BRM3G.

Wednesday and Thursday:

• ROs shoot beginning at 7:15 both mornings.

Thursday:

• Registration for competitors will begin around 1:00 p.m. at the Park Mammoth Lodge, and last until 8:00 that evening.

• Side match and Night Shoot may be available

Friday:

• Registration will open at 6:15 a.m.

• Shooters briefing (which will be better and more thorough than last year!) will begin at 6:30

• National Anthem and presentation of colors

• Special event

• Invocation

• Shooting begins at 7:15 for squads 1-10, squads 11-20 begin at 8:45 – However, breakfast will be available at the Lodge restaurant if you want to eat during your wait.

• Sponsored dinner at the vendor’s area in front of the Lodge at ~6:00 p.m.

• Side match and Night Shoot available

Saturday:

• Shooting begins at 7:15

Sunday:

• Awards and Prize Table at ~1:30

At this time all staff should have their rooms, so the last 3 rooms I had held at the Park Mammoth Lodge are now released. They probably won’t last long!

Andy

Is this a dry county? Does the lodge serve/allow?

For those of you not from the great Commonwealth of Kentucky...not all counties are "wet". This means for those of you who would like to imbibe during the off hours need to be prepared...

You can't even buy in some of the counties where the world's finest bourbons are made...

This has just been a public service announcement - :cheers:

Is this a dry county? Does the lodge serve/allow?

For those of you not from the great Commonwealth of Kentucky...not all counties are "wet". This means for those of you who would like to imbibe during the off hours need to be prepared...

You can't even buy in some of the counties where the world's finest bourbons are made...

This has just been a public service announcement - :cheers:

I was thinking that maybe the MD could fork for a keg or two or three or four...... like at DPMS. Just a thought :devil:

Chris C.

ETA: Mammoth Cave is in Edmonson County, and is dry. Hart county to the north is wet and Warren to the south is wet. Both are accessable via MSR 65. Would suggest one to bring his own spirits

Edited by Chris Conley

A question about ammo required, the website says P / R / B / SL, I assume Pistol / Rifle / ????? / Slug is B? birdshot?? also are there any restrictions on shot size,

also, what defines a loaded firearm, this is in regard to dropping one or pointing one in the wrong direction? round in chamber or mag in gun????

Trapr

P/R/B/SL = Pistol/Rifle/Birdshot/Slug There is no limit on shot size.

Weapons are loaded with a round in the chamber. Slung weapons will not have a round chambered; therefore, there should be no problems.

Pertinent sections: 2.3 A participant shall be disqualified from the Match for dropping a loaded firearm, or dropping a firearm while in the loading/unloading process. 2.4 A participant shall be disqualified for allowing the muzzle of his/her loaded firearm to break the 180-degree safety plane (except while holstered, or reholstering.) 2.6 A participant shall be disqualified for unsafe gun handling. This includes, but is not limited to: handling a gun while people are down range, handling a gun on a stage without permission of the range officer, abandoning a gun in an unsafe manner or direction.

Obviously, Section 2.6 leaves many possible actions subject to interpretation and it will remain so. While I don't want anyone to go home early, if someone handles a weapon in an unsafe manner, they will be DQ'd. Normal reading of the above rules and the "common sense" referred to in another thread, should answer most situations. An example may help. A competitor pointing a shotgun with an empty chamber but full mag tube at someone will result in a DQ. Another competitor with the same shotgun slung, directed toward the ground, though technically beyond the "180," will be OK. I will not enter into hypothetical discussions about "what if this and what if that."

Andy

Edited by AFH

Hi Cheryl,

See you all soon,

Andy

Hey Ms. Kitty - Michael & I are planning on being there. Glad to see there are other girly girls there.

Can't wait to see all the cute girls! Perhaps a social hour will be appropriate!

Thats what I had assumed Andy, I just wanted to make sure I was reading them the way they were written.

But what if?????????? :roflol:

See you in a few weeks.

You will feel sooooooo much better when its over!!!!!! Trust Me.

trapr

I have soo many what if's...

does anyone have a good resource/thread for transitioning/handling with slung weapons in comptetion?

I don't want to get DQ'd for something dumb :surprise:

Personally, I think the best advice is: 1) don't try to go too fast when transitioning, 2) practice at home, 3) always be aware of your muzzle(s) during transitions, 4) keep your finger off the trigger, 5) don't try to go too fast when transitioning, 6) don't try to go too ........... Oh. I mentioned that one already!!

Andy

Can't wait to see all the cute girls! Perhaps a social hour will be appropriate!

Ms. Kitty is obviously posting while tired. Social Hour is mandatory at major matches.

Have a few for me. Sorry I won't be able to join you. I will be at the SC State IDPA match that weekend. It is being hosted by my home club. They were having a hard time understanding why I was wandering all over the country scoring matches, but was too busy to help them at home. :ph34r:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Edited by LChico

Have a few for me. Sorry I won't be able to join you. I will be at the SC State IDPA match that weekend. It is being hosted by my home club. They were having a hard time understanding why I was wandering all over the country scoring matches, but was too busy to help them at home. :ph34r:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

ohhh say it ain't soooooooooo!!!

:(

We will miss ya Linda.

Cheryl, You should be able to drive to all the stages.

Well, the 2009 BRM3G stages have been completed and rounds have been counted. In addition, there will be two stage guns this year, one from Barrett Rifles and one from the Remington Custom Shop. Both are going to make their stages memorable. Stages are posted at the BRM3G Website.

The table below breaks down the rounds by stage as they stand. Obviously, they may change a little once we start putting them on the ground.

Stg # / Stage Name / Rounds Required (Pistol, Rifle, Bird, Slugs)

1 At the Cave - 34 0 18 3

2 Barn Assault - 28 23 0 0

3 A Good Use - 18 12 20 0

4 Downhill - 18 18 16 4

5 Rifle Tech 1 - 14 18 16 4

6 PSR - 24 18 0 9

7 Run Forrest Run - 0 36 24 0

8 SG Tech 1 - 0 10 24 3

9 BOOM! - 16 9 13 3

10 How Many? - 20 26 10 0

Pistol = 172 Rifle = 170 Birdshot = 141 Slugs = 26

TOTAL: 509 rds

We still have some openings, so get your applications in.

Andy

Andy - Is the stage gun from Barrett the BIG 50?

Well, I forgot my rangefinder this past weekend when I went to Park City to go over the stage locations and match prep again, but where the stage is going, we can make the target far, far away. The target will be very "hitable" though.

Here is the schedule of events for the 2009 BRM3G.

Wednesday and Thursday:

• ROs shoot beginning at 7:15 both mornings.

Thursday:

• Registration for competitors will begin around 1:00 p.m. at the Park Mammoth Lodge, and last until 8:00 or so that evening.

• Side match and Night Shoot may be available

Friday:

• Registration will open at 6:15 a.m.

• Shooters briefing (which will be better and more thorough than last year!) will begin at 6:30

• National Anthem and presentation of colors

• Special event

• Invocation

• Shooting begins at 7:15 for squads 1-10, squads 11-20 begin at 8:45 – However, a great breakfast buffet will be available at the restaurant if you want to eat during your wait.

• Sponsored dinner at the vendor’s area in front of the Lodge. Start time not set at present.

Saturday:

Sunday:

• Awards and Prize Table at ~1:30