Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag pouches and holster

Sestock

Had a discussion at a recent match.

If a competitor in either SS or production is found having their holster or magpouches in the wrong positon during a match after they have shot one or multiple stages already.

As the RO do you:

1) have the competitor move the equipment to the right position and continue.

2) call the RM and have the competitor moved to OPEN.

Lets make the assumption that the competitor is not a new shooter and should know better.

Edited by Sestock

Had a discussion at a recent match.

If a competitor in either SS or production is found having their holster or magpouches in the wrong positon during a match after they have shot one or multiple stages already.

As the RO do you:

1) have the competitor move the equipment to the right position and continue.

2) call the RM and have the competitor moved to OPEN.

Lets make the assumption that the competitor is not a new shooter and should know better.

Depends --- do we have verification of competitors shooting stages with the gear in the wrong position? Back when I was using my DOH on a Safariland belt it had quite a bit of movement. It was not unusual for that holster to slide out of position on that belt --- and part of my LAMR routine was to make sure it was in the proper place for the start of the stage. (It didn't move during the stage, as much as it might if I brushed a wall while taping targets)

Eventually I solved the problem with a CR Speed belt. Now if someone's shooting a stage with gear in the wrong place --- well that should result in a move to open, and newbie/experienced really has no bearing on that. That said --- experienced ROs should be looking at holster/mag pouch positions as competitors come to the line, and require the competitor to move their gear if it's out of place.....

The staff should check before a shooter begins the match, but if he already shot that way......

Open Division

6.2.5.1 However, if a competitor fails to satisfy the equipment or other

requirements of a declared Division during a course of fire, the

competitor will be placed in Open Division, if available, otherwise

the competitor will shoot the match for no score.