Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My First Open match+Barry mount thoughts

pivoproseem

I ordered a Barry mount for my small frame, old school , 9x21 Gold Team. It arrived Sat. afternoon, my match was Sun. at 10am. I mounted it, using the orignal screws since the ones shipped with the mount were too long and didn't allow the slide to be racked. It fit perfectl to te frame, but was really close on the spacing for the C-More holes. I went to the range to dial the C-more in after some rough adustment at home, not having moved the adjustment screws to the other side. I only had to remove it twice to access the windage screw, two rounds into a 1/4 square at 10 yards....good enough for me. I've never shot open before, or even shot a dot equipped pistol, or anything that made major for a match. I fired about 50 rounds just for a little practice. At the match, besides having problems with a too long round that didn't chamber, and be bumbling a mag change. On my best two stages, I dropped 2 points out of the 220 possible, but came in 2nd to an A class shooter who was a bit quicker than me. Having the dot so close to the top of the slide really reduced the learning curve for me! The only downside is the fact that I run my gun well lubed, and I was getting spray on the shooter side of the lens. Thumbs up (and thanks to Emma for getting that thing shipped to me in time).

I planned on mounting my C-more much the same way on my old-school 9x21 but it was a serendipity, not a slide-ride. Didn't feel like fooling with sending it back to C-more to convert or even to do it myself. Glad to see it works well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I think the front sight can stay, but not sure about the back.

I'm thinking about putting a C-more on this mount for my limited gun, just for practise use. Do I have to remove rear sight or is there room for that? Front sight has to go I guess.