Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.22 rifles.

Merlin Orr

.22 LR Rifles are the roots of my shooting passion. I still have the one I grew up with as a kid (a 10/22 of course with 1976 Liberty markings). My most recent I guess would fall into the High-end catagorie. It is a M77/22 VBZ. I was a bit skeptical when i ordered it as there was a bit of conflicting internet chatter about them, and they aint cheap. I could not be happier with it and worried for no reason. It far excedes my accuracy expectations (just under a 1/2" at 50 yds) and the trigger is even pretty good (especially for a Ruger) if you can believe it. My 10 yr old son Dalton has fallen in love with it and I was lucky to get a shot off myself by days end on our last range trip. In todays world of video games and high speed this and that I would not have thought a bolt action .22 would be that much fun for a kid.

Accurate 22 rifles are a hoot to shoot. The price of match ammo ain't cheap but that tells how well the little jewels will really shoot. I love to shoot these with friends who are amazed at their accuracy and then stunned at the price of match ammo.

Volquartson Chevy Team Challenge Ruger 10/22. Kidd trigger, Leupold BR36 scope, Fajen thumbhole stock.

Kimber Model 82G (from CMP)

Kimber Model 82 All American Match (pristine)

Remington 513T (95%)

Cheers,

Pat

Merlins new 52c is in a ward benchrest stock, pillow bedded in steel with a kenion built 2oz trigger. With the 36x scope it will do .186@ 50 yds with eley ammo.

I believe it....my Dad shipped me something a while back and stuck a partial target in the box. It was the bull cut out of a target with handwritten notes. Win 52C, 5 shots prone (sling, but no rest), iron sights, 100yds using Eley Tenex. I don't recall what the group measures, but it was one ragged hole...under half an inch for sure. His notes said it was fired under perfect conditions with a light overcast and no mirage....not bad for then 70 year old eyes! I sent him a 500 pack of Tenex for his birthday :)

Merlins new 52c is in a ward benchrest stock, pillow bedded in steel with a kenion built 2oz trigger. With the 36x scope it will do .186@ 50 yds with eley ammo.

I couldn't even hold still enough to shoot that tight a group, every time my heart beats the crosshairs move a little. :rolleyes:

Good 22s, Ya gotta love 'em :wub:

Bein' a youngun my list isn't as spectacular as others, but:

Ruger 77/22K (Stainless)

Ruger 10-22 (Houge stock, rest is orig.)

Anshultz Woodchucker - This one is a youth model with detachable magazine - my "first" rifle :D

Rossi - 62 their copy of the old Win. 1890 pump

Marlin 39 lever - Just lost it to SWMBO who is using it for a Cowboy Silhouette rifle :wub:

And an original Browning T-bolt with a Leupold 4x on it

The wish list is too long to mention tho