Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Babylon A.D.

mpeltier

Saw this last night, should have stayed home. First 45 minutes of the movie was ok. I actually thought it might build to a good climax. The last 15 minutes was so full of holes we left thinking that a lot of film was left on the cutting room floor. For me a mediocre movie can be saved by a good ending, for me this was not the case with this movie.

a lot of film was left on the cutting room floor

Saw it today. That is a pretty good description. Seemed like some plot elements were missing. Also, the action scenes were way too jumpy. It was hard to tell who was hitting who sometimes. And yet - I was entertained. Anyway, the ending made me think a sequel is already in the works.

Lee

Did you really go to a movie starring Vin Diesel and expect anything else?

Yes,

"Saving Private Ryan" was an awsome movie. The original "Fast and the Furious" was good. "XXX" wasn't bad either. "Pitch Black" and its sequal weren't great but they were entertaining to the end. I did expect more from "Babylon A.D."

Edited by mpeltier

Some reviewer raked it over the coals in the local newspaper, too.

You mean like the director?

'Mathieu Kassovitz, director of the supernatural thriller Babylon A.D., is seeking to distance himself from the poorly reviewed film, Variety reported. In an interview with AMCtv.com, Kassovitz called the film "pure violence and stupidity," with parts of the film resembling "a bad episode of 24."'