Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Integrally suppressed 10/22

olp73

I don’t know where to post this but I am told a lot of you 3-gun people use this little rifle for practicing, so I try here.

What I am looking for is a match grade Integrally suppressed Ruger 10/22. Do you have something/someone to recommend? Here are two pages I found on the web that might be what I am looking for.

http://www.trosusa.com

http://www.gem-tech.com/OASIS.html

…….And lets see them if you have pictures!!

Edited by olp73

I have a .22 can on order and a pending stamp tax application for a SBR 10/22. I'm getting a

SWR Warlock - which is not integral. That way, I can put it on my 10/22 and my Advantage Arms Glock .22 conversion upper.

The integrals are cool and some of the quietest set ups. I suggest you go here and read: Silencer Talk

I have a screw on can as well, so I can move it from gun to gun with only one tax stamp. It's still pretty darn quiet. With a 10/22 most of the noise comes from the working of the action anyway. Also get something that comes apart for cleaning. Mine (TAC65) filled up with lead pretty quick with heavy use.

Give David a ring at Liberty...

Here is a link to his integral 10/22 based on the Ruger match barrel. A shooting buddy has this with the Hogue overmolded stock and it is sweet!

http://www.libertycans.net/falcon.html

David is a truly nice guy. We usually camp together at Knob Creek so I've gotten to know him pretty well over the last few years.

I have one of his 9mm cans for my MP5 - in fact you can read my review somewhere on his site.

Tell him Joel sent you!

post-12620-1219930731_thumb.jpg

I have a integrally suppressed 10/22 barrel (LRM Vidar) and a screw on can (Tactical Innovations Quest). The integral system has a ported barrel and is Hollywood quiet - more quiet than the screw on. The only problem I have with the inegral system is the accuracy isn't all that great. I originally had a stock Ruger stainless barrel that shot a lot better than LRM system. If you are looking for the most accurate combo, I'd pick an accurate barrel, have it threaded and buy a screw on can. I got the Quest because it is stainless and can hold up better in full auto. If I were only doing semi, I'd stick with aluminum.

I have one of Blaylock's integral 10-22. It is also a vented barrel and the accuracy is great, but it depends on how the vents are done to blead off hi-velocity to subsonic as to how accurate it will be. Which ever way you go get a suppressor you can take a part as .22 are DIRTY as hell in a suppressor. Also be prepaired to become very good at taking your 10-22 COMPLETELY apart after 200 or so rounds as it will be crudded up unbeleivably! Get the "Tactical INc. mags from the outfit in Idaho, as you can take them apart to clean them. The mags will get as grimmy as the rifle. The up side is the integral supressors, are VERY quiet. Mine is quieter than most bb guns. Oh yea get a buffer technologies "buffer" for your 10-22 and it will take out almost all the bolt noise, making it even quieter. Good luck on your search. They are a real hoot! KurtM

CHeck out OPSINC on the net.

If you get Seburger on the phone make sure you're sitting down and have a cold one within arms reach because that phone conversation is going to be hours long.

Hes a great guy...just likes to talk to people.

JK