Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland 012 & Sti Edge

Mistral404

Erik

YOU got a manual?? You lucky devil.

Thanks for your advice. I thought I did a search earlier but I must not have worded it correctly. I will try again.

There are two spacers from what I can tell. A side spacer and one on the back (bottom). I have removed the one on the back but I did not think to remove the one on the side. I will try that one next.

Again, thanks.

davecutts, you are right.

No manual, no instructions, just a really cool red 012 in the bag.

Hence the question. I own about 5 Safariland holsters but this is my first 2011 and 012. So I am perplexed at how to proceed.

It seems as if the trigger guard is not far enough in for the two tabs on either side to engage. It works fine on my 1911 but the 2011 geometries are different.

I did do a seach in BE forums but I did not find a definitive answer.

I have been using an Edge and a new 012 for a few weeks. I left the side and bottom spacer in. It has worked pretty well so far, I am able to get it locked in to where I cant pull it out, and it engages the trigger guard with an audible click.

Kevin

According to the Safariland instructions, the insert under the trigger guard controls what trigger guard fits. With the insert, the locking block accepts Colt style trigger guards. Without the insert, it will accept thicker trigger guards - i.e. STI.

Ity does not mention the side spacer, but I think you will find it merely positions the trigger locking block - and, thereby, the gun - laterally in the aluminum frame. Without the side (leather?) spacer the gun will not be a firmly held and may contact the aluminum.

Some have reported the aluminum and the gun contacting, but I don't know what they have done with the side spacer.

On my 012, the side spacer is next to my body (between the locking block and aluminum frame, the insert under the trigger guard is removed and it does well with my Edge.

Guy