Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 IRC dates yet?

I'm really interested in shooting the 2009 Pro-Am Steel match in Tulsa next year, having heard lots of great things about it from friends who shot the match. But I notice it's scheduled for the first weekend in June, and wondered if that is going to conflict with the IRC.

Has anybody heard yet whether dates for the 2009 IRC have been scheduled?

I did the same thing yesterday putting dates into my planner for next years matches too...... :cheers:

I am gonna be very disappointed if I miss the IRC, but the ProAm will get first priority if they are on the same weekend.....<fingers crossed mode on> :ph34r:

DougC

Maybe Phil can change his dates as he problaly did not know that the IRC was always on that weekend. The delay in posting the IRC dates also has to do with the Graduation weekend at Cal-Poly in SLO. As there would not be a hotel room for 50 miles if on that weekend.

Has anyone brought this to the attn of Phil or of S&W.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Judas Priest. This is possibly my biggest pet peeve with this competition shooting stuff. Why can't big match organizers make a better effort to coordinate dates and not run matches right on top of each other?? I suppose people figure there's not enough cross-over between the Pro-Am crowd and the IRC crowd to worry about. However, there are a significant number of serious shooters who will now have to choose between the two. And that sucks.

Edited by Carmoney

I talked to Nelson 2 weeks ago and he was as yet to get a hold of Paul P. at S&W as Paul was out of town. S&W is a Major Sponsor of both matches.

The IRC has always been on the first week end of June and that is for several reasons.

1. it is still before massive summer influx of tourists in Morro Bay area. (CA students are still in school till second week of June)

2. They have to also work around the Graduation dates for Cal-Poly @ SLO and Cquesta College If the IRC is on that weekend there would not be a hotel room for many miles. That was the reason for moving it several years ago.

These are the reasons I know of for the dates of the IRC. After all it is the 18th IRC and only the 2nd Pro-Am. I am glad that Phil and USSA were able to find and open date in the schedule at USSA.

Judas Priest. This is possibly my biggest pet peeve with this competition shooting stuff. Why can't big match organizers make a better effort to coordinate dates and not run matches right on top of each other?? I suppose people figure there's not enough cross-over between the Pro-Am crowd and the IRC crowd to worry about. However, there are a significant number of serious shooters who will now have to choose between the two. And that sucks.

He posted it in the Match section of this forum also, glad they changed it,

now to figure out how to do both :surprise: