Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2-bit Companies

Stratochief

I called Caspian today to order some skateboard tape grips for an open gun. The grip cost $5 and shipping was $5. This is something you can put in an envolope and mail, so I asked the guy if theres any other shipping and he told me he wasn't set up to ship any other way except priority. How hard is it to charge actual shipping? Another company who thinks their doing you a favor by letting you order from them.

I have always just gone down to the hardware store and got my own grip tape and then used the original grip as a template and made my own. The local ACE hardware had a grey rubberized grip tape that goes well with my hard chromed Caspian and grey C-More.

Not to defend Caspian necessarily...but if priority has a tracking number it is the way to go. We send a lot of stuff out reg. usps first class because of its low cost. Problem is, no tracking number, and it takes as long as 30 days to arrive in some cases.

Customer naturally blames us...

SA

I don't think Caspian should be called a 2 bit company because they have a set shipping and handling rate. Even though I did have a Hate rant about handling cost once. I got some of the tape that you put on steps once and worked great.