Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which bullet in a 38 super

forthill

I like 115s in metallic sight because of the reduced amount of lead required. If you're shooting open with a mover base I really don't think it matters much as long as the bullet prints well at 50 yds.

I like Zero 115 JHPs with N320 @ ~1150 fps. Winchester 115 JHPs also do okay. There are many who swear by Sierra and Hornady 115s, Nosler to a lesser degree.

I am very happy with either the Montana Gold or Zero 115gr JHP. My most accurate load is with Sierra 115gr, but I can't afford to shoot them all the time.

So 90-95% of my ammo is made with either the MG or Zero's. I reserve the Sierra for big matches.

I understand right now that you will get the MG's a lot easier than Zero's.

The main advantage with 115gr over the 125gr is that you use a little more powder, that generates more gas at a higher pressure and run your compensator better in Open.

I have run 125gr JHP in my metallic sight gun, anything heavier in Metallic will need much more lead on the mover. I am currently running 115gr in my Metallic gun as I ran out of the 125gr and they will be a little while yet.

The 121gr from either Zero or MG will work very well. I ran with them in my IPSC gun and trialled them in my AP gun and accuracy was not a problem. A very nice compromise in my opinion.