Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

? On 9 Major And Limited Division

vluc

Maybe this has been covered, but why was 9 major chosen for Open as opposed to Limited for the trial? Seems that Ltd , with no comps and little need to really push the envelope, would have been a better place to try 9 major out. Needs a lot of oomph to push it past those comps and cycle the slide, and while I see it working well in some folks pistols, it's alsmost like it was set to fail as someone will push it too far, we will see an accident, and then 9 major will disappear forever.

Not a flame or a bitch, just trying to understand rationale better as I would really like to see 9 major come to limited.

'Cause it was a lot easier to push into Open-- magazine capacity doesn't change significantly, so all the .40 shooters don't get up in arms, and there's a whole lot less likelihood of somebody shooting Open with an antique pistol and trying to make Major. Think of it as the nose under the tent, or a cop out, whichever way you want, but IMHO, "Major-9 in Limited" won't happen until sometime after Open guns are banned. 38 Super, .357 Sig and 9x23 have made major for years and there's been no movement to make them legal.

Limited requires a minimum .40 for major that's why it isn't in limited. As far as someone pushing the 9mm too far the same can be said about the super, the .40 etc. Yep any idiot can blow up damn near any gun if they are careless. How many .40 have blown from using fast powders? There was a problem with one of the clays a couple years ago. I was shooting the 9 major before the 1.250 ban was lifted. I had the less pressure signs than a lot of the supers. The term superface ring a bell. Gun design and newer powders cured that problem and the same happened to the 9 mm. I know there are a bunch of guys shooting them at the same clubs you shoot at and I haven't seen a problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Where should the equipment race end?If that happens the only people that will be competitive will be the 9mm shooters(all things being equal).

Now i gotta set up a new rig?Booooo Hoooooo, yea i know.

Let the open guys play with the pricey bells and whistles,please.

Rant over, t :wacko: ime for meds