Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is this ?

hopalong

OK Sam, I had to help after I got my jab in. They are good commercial quality guns on par with DPMS in my opinion. I have built several custom rifles on their stripped lowers, and we used to carry them in the retail store. I wouldn't be afraid of them at all, but they are no JP, or Sabre either for that matter.

Yep, If I was going to spend $800 on an AR it would be JP, DPMS, or Sabre

But was wondering what it was, what it's real list was ect.

Might offer him $500 and go from there.

HOP

Oh and Foemiester, always looking for a deal/bargain !!!!

Edited by hopalong

Sam,

The lowers are really nice. I built my new rifle on one. No issues at all and the bat/bird thing is a cool critter to have on the side...I'm sooooo kidding. Frankly low ball it to get a beater rifle and if they don't meet your price, then forget it.

Rich

Double Star lowers are good rifles and they are as good of a lower as anyone else's including Sabre and JP and DPMS. What makes the difference is the internals since lowers are either mil spec or they aren't and I have never seen a lower from Double Star, Stag, Sabre or Mega that was not. As to the names not included in the previous sentence, you can draw your own conclusions. And Rich, I actually like that bat/bird thingee. :)

Based on the Double Star rifles I have seen assembled, they are as good as anyone else's production models in terms of basic function.

Double Star lowers are good rifles and they are as good of a lower as anyone else's including Sabre and JP and DPMS. What makes the difference is the internals since lowers are either mil spec or they aren't and I have never seen a lower from Double Star, Stag, Sabre or Mega that was not. As to the names not included in the previous sentence, you can draw your own conclusions. And Rich, I actually like that bat/bird thingee. :)

Based on the Double Star rifles I have seen assembled, they are as good as anyone else's production models in terms of basic function.

LAR makes a great many of the OEM lowers for AR manufacturers including Double Star, Charles Daly, DPMS, some Bushmaster, etc.