Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What powder is closest to what factory Blazer uses

lucas

With TG tried 4 differ types of bullets at 3 differ PF's set to make major and none sight track aswell as what I can do with store bought blazer ammo.The blazer has little push and snaps back to the notch so much better than any load I know how to make.

I understand if this is a impossible question but it doesnt hurt to ask.

With TG tried 4 differ types of bullets at 3 differ PF's set to make major and none sight track aswell as what I can do with store bought blazer ammo.The blazer has little push and snaps back to the notch so much better than any load I know how to make.

I understand if this is a impossible question but it doesnt hurt to ask.

Try Bullseye.

My understanding is that commercial ammunition manufacturers start with performance specifications for the round and use whatever powder they have that economically meets those specs. That means some lot to lot variation, and makes it hard to "match the powder".

You can match the PF, though, and may be able to approximate the recoil impulse by experimenting with faster or slower powders as described above.

Good luck,

kc

I pulled a bullet and the powder granulars are uniformly round and flat and approx 4.4gr.

I chroned the Blazer when it was a little cold out and 2 strings of 10 came out to a 174 and 176PF.

My match ammo I'm coming to the end of now is with lead and loaded longer than blazer with a PF of 173 and it doesnt track as good.The blazer doesnt at all feel like it has more recoil it just snaps back where it was up and down no side movement the tip of the front sight is not low or high in the notch its perfect.

I guess next go around I will up the PF a little and try I already tried lower PF and heavier bullets.

...it just snaps back where it was up and down no side movement the tip of the front sight is not low or high in the notch its perfect...

Your recoil spring weight can also effect sight recovery.

I don't mean to throw another variable into the mix. Just pointing out that many folks may tune the gun as well as the load, if they find a recipe that works well for what they need it for.