Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

North American 3 Gun

rkgsmith

I'm going to shoot the NM 3 Gun for the first time and wondered what to expect. How physical, what distances for rifle and shotgun? Stage wise is it similar to the USPSA 3 gun Natls. I'm assuming that multi-gun stages and transitions are the norm for this match.

If you are talking about the North American Tac-3gun ( you had that on your header and NM on your question) you can expect a much more physical match than the USPSA 3-gun. The rifle shots are limited to about 250 yrds and the courses are designed to stress, and test, you and your shooting ability. We had dragged, pulled , jumped ,ran, ridden and scrapped and sweated, cussed and have always had a ball. We have had tunnels ropes , drag dummies, cars , movers and swingers. sliders,shoot houses, and a lot of stuff I have forgotten.Don't be afraid it's all fun!

Set up your rifle for transitions ,bring clothes that can get dirty and have fun.I saw nothing exteme last year but had the best time ever.

Bring a notepad, some of those guys have a welth of info and are super nice.Good luck :lol:

I wish i could go <_<

Expect the unexpected Dude! It is by far the best match in the country. You will have fun and learn a thing or two. This is a physical match with high round counts so bring Motrin and a lot of bullets, and start hydrating now. Adios

Expect to shoot long guns with your weak hand. Kyle is into that sort of thing, it's just the kind of guy he is. But since I've been practicing it, I doubt he'll do it now.

They have the poppers that launch clay, so expect that.

Last year, I ran the farthest that I ever have in a match.

See you there.

RKGsmith....Kyle's match really allows you to sort out your equipment...suggest BDU style reinforced pants, with elbow and knee pads (hard shell) good belt and kydex holster... I use a velcro underbelt and 2 1/4 web style belt...kydex pistol and rifle mag pouch on belt...shotshells on separate belt for comfort (suspenders).,.. the shotgun run last year was in excess of 30 rounds plus a half dozen during the van ride....two years ago a couple of us old fat Florida boys showed up with vent back supplex "flats fishing" shirts, and they seem to be catching on...I'm not too smart about grabbing hot things, so I've been wearing a mechanic's glove on my left hand (check Kelly's comment about shooting both rifle and shotgun weak handed)... bring a good hat.... plenty of water... I run my 70oz CamelBack empty by noon...good pair of ankle supporting shoes or boots...some premetherin (sp?) or DEET bug juice...sunscreen, and like the man said if you are my age IBUPROFEN...practice slinging your rifle so that it falls across your back when you transition to your pistol for the tunnel...expect an "El Presidente" with all three guns...something from inside of a very small car, under a very low car, riding in a very bumpy car, identifying shoot/no shoot targets in a fun house, a mongo jaunt thru the NC woodside with stragegically placed obstacles to slow your momentum as you wheeze for air up the last 50yard hill...hope for no mud... bring cleaning equipment.... you will have a blast, and then you are allowed to exaggerate the distances a little more every time you tell someone about the match... the rope only looked like it was 20yards....regards Les

Don't forget your swimming trunks guys..................

And lots of Bandaids................

And an FFL, we should have at least 24 guns on the prize table again.

If anyone needs to ship ammo go to our web site for the address.

The match has less than 5 slots left.

And A-44978 if you find out at the last minute you don't like the sharp stick I will save you a slot...

I am getting all giddy thinking about the match, what was it Johnny Cash said....

"Kickin and a gouging in the mud , the Blood, and the Beer."

See you at the Range

KyleL :ph34r:

No really, I want to know what stage the "crash cart" will be located at in the event of heart failure or seizures(as when you leave steel standing). BTW-how do you know if a chihuahua is having a seizure, they're always shaking?

No really, I want to know what stage the "crash cart" will be located at in the event of heart failure or seizures(as when you leave steel standing). BTW-how do you know if a chihuahua is having a seizure, they're always shaking?

If I attend such a match, I'll try to bring my own medical crew and ambulance. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Match prep continues, mostly sending back entries to those who didn't get them in before we filled up.

Here are the round counts.

250 Rifle

200 Pistol

100 Shotgun

No Slugs

Most of the shotgun targets will be clays so Birdshot is fine.

No Steel core ammo.

We also recently added the King Ranch in Texas to our sponsor list. So if you want a chance to shoot a Nilgai,this is it, fi you don't know what it is go to the King Ranch site.

Showtime is 0730 on Sat the 9th of Aug. If you are interested in shooting on Friday please email so we can try to hook you up.

See you on the Range

God Bless America!!!!!

KyleL :ph34r: