Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So i'm taking up shooting as a hobby.....

I would suggest you don't spend any more money right now and just go to the local matches and shoot what you have for at least six months. Other than a USPSA orientation course run by one of your clubs, don't waste any money on classes for at least that long. Shoot. Enjoy. Get an education by doing.

It will steal all your money and you'll LIKE it. Meth heads are sane compared to IPSC shooters, we just have all our teeth :roflol:

Ain't that the truth! I'm a newbie here and I'm enjoying all of the great info. I moved to Ohio a year ago and started shooting IDPA back in May. I started by shooting a "classifier" match to gauge my skill. That was humbling, but a great experience. Everyone was very helpful. The most important thing I learned that day was to shoot for accuracy. The speed will come with time and practice. "Slow is fast". I just finished getting outfitted for 3 Gun matches. You wanna talk about putting out some $$$. :surprise: Now comes the fun part! I shoot a CZ85 Combat, 870 Rem Pump & a JP Rifle. I'm thinking about learning how to reload because the cost is getting up there. One way I learned some good info is by watching the US Army Marksmanship team videos. There's a lot of great info, from different ways to reload a shotgun & handgun to different options for holding your ammo. I highly recommend. Also, does anyone have any suggestions for sights on my shotgun? I've got a front bead sight, but I think I need more. I was shooting slugs at 50 yards last night and had a little trouble.

Thanks again for all of the info. It's good to be here! :cheers: