Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Targetmaster

cavallino

Cavallino

I have an STI 6" 38Super specifically built for NRA AP matches, it was built by Alan Mclean here in NZ. I can't see why the Target Master would not work for what you are doing if you wanted something factory or the shelf. Alans guns on the otehr hand will shoot sub 1" at 50y. I just wish I could!!

PM me your email address and I will send a photo of the beast.

I've had a Targetmaster chambered in 9mm for about a year and a half now, and I've been EXTREMELY pleased with it. Right out of the box it shot sub 2" groups at 50 yards, and it functions flawlessly with 130pf AP loads. It’s extremely easy to shoot…the 6 inch bull barrel all but eliminates recoil and muzzle flip (not that there’s much with a 9mm). It came with a decent trigger, but I’ve changed out many of the internals to get it to feel exactly like my open gun. The only problem that I’ve ever had with it (of course, at a match) was due to a new extractor that was not tensioned correctly. Some day I’ll learn not to mess with things that work…..

All in all, I cannot say enough about this firearm! For a relatively inexpensive price (less than $1500), it performs as well as many custom firearms costing twice as much. I know of two other AP shooters who have the Targetmaster in 9mm now, and I believe that they have been just a pleased with theirs. I’d definitely recommend this to anyone interested in shooting competitively in the AP metallic division.

Thanks for the report Ken. Seems like your pretty happy with it.

Is the overall fit of the slide and barrel petty tight, and does it feel sluggish to cycle?

I think I'm almost sold on the idea, but none of the dealers here have one to check out so I would have to put money down and order sight unseen.

• 3 weeks later...
Greetings,

Am looking for some Tech Info on the Targetmaster.... what is the thickness of the dustcover of the frame? Is it the same thickness as a standard 2011 frame?

Thanks in Advance,

Doug

Maybe this will help you.

Gilmore shroud inside rail dimensions .750

Gilmore shroud outside rail dimensions 1.250

Gilmore rail thickness .250

STI Targetmaster dustcover is .766

Caspain 1911 dustcover is .7645

MJ :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...
Maybe this will help you.

Gilmore shroud inside rail dimensions .750

Gilmore shroud outside rail dimensions 1.250

Gilmore rail thickness .250

STI Targetmaster dustcover is .766

Caspain 1911 dustcover is .7645

MJ :cheers:

Is the Gilmore still available ???? :surprise: I have one on a 2011 frame and wouldn't mind a spare.

Last time I checked Riley's website they were NLA.