Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Left Holding The Smoking Dot

Mad Scientist

Got a strange one.

at my last match with the Glock open blaster I noticed the dot going dim.After a few stages I decided to change the battery and continue on. to my surprise the dot was the same . and on the last stage as I walked up to the line the diode was visable smoking.

This is strange as I have owned 7or 8 diferent c-mores on various guns with no problems until this one.

when I contacted c-more they said to send it in and they would replace it nocharge.

I was wondering if any one else had exsperienced this problem?

All electronic devices are made of smoke and it is just waiting to come out! ;)

Seriously though, I haven't seen it happen on that particular device but I have seen quite a few other devices literally go up in smoke. It sounds like a pretty good run if you had so many of them and this is the first one to act up. At least the mfr. is going to take of you.

-ld

I'm not sure you can hurt the sight by putting the batteries in backwards. By definition, electricity can only flow through a diode one way.

A short circut due to either a foreign object or broken component is the more likely cause.

About 6 years ago, one of our local shooters was starting a stage. it started with a large popper at 25 yards. should be no problem with his open gun right? well, he had his big stick in and rattled off all 28 rounds of his big stick open gun at the popper and never hit it!! well were all dying laughing, he was almost going full auto on that thing and yelling in the process. come to find out, the lens had shot loose and was the dot was in a different place every time.